Nusrat Jahan at FIERAA, a fashion and lifestyle exhibition held at Sapphire Banquet 2, Calcutta
|Other names||Naina, Ruhi|
|Occupation||Model, actress, Politician|
|Awards||Fair One Miss Kolkata|
Nusrat Jahan (born 8 January 1990) is an Indian film actress and model who predominantly works in Bengali cinema. She joined active politics in 2019 as a MP candidate under TMC. Jahan's screen debut was in Raj Chakraborty's Shotru. She then appeared in the film Khoka 420, under the banner Eskay Movies. Her other notable movies include Khiladi, with Ankush Hazra, Sondhe Namar Agey, with Rahul Bose and Power, with Jeet under the banner of Shree Venkatesh Films. She won the title of Fair One Miss Kolkata 2010.
Early life and education
Jahan was born in a Bengali Muslim family in Kolkata, West Bengal, India. She completed her schooling from Our Lady Queen of the Missions School in Kolkata and then completed her B.Com. degree from Bhawanipur College, Kolkata.
Nusrat Jahan started her modeling career after winning the beauty contest Fair-one Miss Kolkata in 2010. She made her Tollywood debut in film Shotru with Jeet. After a year of hiatus, she starred in her second film Khoka 420, with Dev and Subhoshree. Her next release of that year was Khiladi, opposite Ankush Hazra. After that, she appeared in two item songs, namely "Chicken Tandoori", from Action and "Desi Chhori", from Yoddha - The Warrior both of which were instant hits and became chartbusters. She was then seen in Sondhe Namar Agey, with co-star Rahul Bose. In 2015, she featured in the comedy film Jamai 420, opposite Ankush Hazra and an ensemble cast including Payel Sarkar, Mimi Chakraborty, Soham Chakraborty and Hiran. She was also a part of the theme song of BCL (Bengal Celebrity League) for the team "Midnapoor Mighities" with Dev and Sayantika Banerjee. Her next and last film of 2015 was Har Har Byomkesh, released in December 2015. The movie was a huge box office success. In 2016, she appeared in director Rajib Biswas' film Power, with Jeet and Sayantika Banerjee. That same year, she starred in the comedy film Kelor Kirti, with Dev Adhikari, Jishu Sengupta, Ankush Hazra, Mimi Chakraborty, Koushani Mukherjee and Sayantika Banerjee. Later that year, she was seen in Love Express, opposite Deepak Adhikari and after that in Zulfiqar, directed by Srijit Mukherjee. Zulfiqar was among the top earning films of 2016. She ended the year 2016 with the comedy film Haripada Bandwala, with Ankush Hazra under the direction of Pathikrit Basu. In 2017, she was first seen in One, with Prosenjit Chatterjee and Yash Dasgupta, which was directed by Birsha Dasgupta. In May 2017, her next film Ami Je Ke Tomar was released. On 22 September 2017, her next movie Bolo Dugga Maiki was released. 2018, she acted in Uma as a guest, then she took place in Crisscross directed by Birsa Dasgupta & after that Rajiv Kumar Biswas selected her for the film Naqaab with Shakib Khan and Sayantika Banerjee. Next she danced in the song (Joy Joy Durga Maa) composed & featured by Jeet Gannguli. cricketer Sourav Ganguly, actress Subhashree Ganguly, Mimi Chakraborty, Nusrat Jahan & actor Bonny Sengupta were shown in the screen. This was released on the behalf of Captain TMT Bar advertise.
|Denotes films that have not yet been released|
- Nusrat is the winner of Fair One Miss Kolkata 2010.
- She received Star Jalsha Poribar award for best jodi with Ankush Hazra in Jamai 420.
- Ganguly, Ruman (27 April 2011). "It's too good to be true: Nusrat Jahan – Times of India". Articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 26 January 2012.
- "Interview: Tollywood Actress Nusrat Jahan Talks About Bengali Movie "Shatru" Co-Starring Jeet and her Background and Experience – Washington Bangla Radio USA". Washingtonbanglaradio.com. Retrieved 26 January 2012.
- "Featured | Local Beauty Ms. Nusrat Jahan crowned Fair One Miss Kolkata 2010". Mahiram.com. Retrieved 26 January 2012.
- "Nusrat Jahan Actress Profile Family Education Life-Career of Nusrat Jahan". kolkatabengalinfo.com. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- Ganguly, Ruman (12 March 2019). "I'm thrilled to start my political career: Nusrat Jahan". The Times of India. Retrieved 14 March 2019.
- "Jeet in a new avtar". Eisamay. Retrieved 5 November 2015.
- "Nusrat Jahan Miss Kolkata 2010". the times of india. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- "Ms. Nusrat Jahan – Miss Kolkata 2010". extramirchi.com. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nusrat Jahan.|