Old farmhouse in Arensgenhout
Location in Limburg
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Mayor||Désirée Schmalschläger (GroenLinks)|
|• Total||33.13 km2 (12.79 sq mi)|
|• Land||33.09 km2 (12.78 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.04 km2 (0.02 sq mi)|
|Elevation||86 m (282 ft)|
|Population (August 2017)|
|• Density||461/km2 (1,190/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Postcode||6333, 6336, 6360–6363|
The village of Nuth has 5,548 inhabitants, and is with that the largest village of the municipality. The town hall of the municipality Nuth is also situated in the village Nuth. The other villages in the municipality are Hulsberg with 4,300 inhabitants, Schimmert with 3,339, Wijnandsrade with 1,812 and Vaesrade with 1,027 inhabitants (data: 1-1-2005). The other population centres belong to one of the following villages.
Dutch Topographic map of the municipality of Nuth, June 2015
Some facts about Nuth
- The patron Saint of Nuth is St. Bavo, after which the parish is named.
- The municipality expands all the way from Hoensbroek to Meerssen.
- From 2004 Nuth boasted a one Michelin star restaurant, In de'n Dillegaard, and Nuth made the international press when the restaurant owner returned the coveted star in 2009 over concerns of being too elitist.
- "Collegeleden" [Members of the board] (in Dutch). Gemeente Nuth. Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 6361BZ". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 16 November 2013.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 27 October 2017. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- Dutch restaurant gives Michelin star back
|This Dutch Limburg location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|