|Headquarters||Vauxhall, London, UK|
|Martin Stead, CEO |
Craig Anderson, Chairman
Nutmeg is an online discretionary investment management company (discretionary meaning that it makes all investment decisions on behalf of its customers, rather than providing a platform for people to trade on). The company invests customers’ funds in line with their investment goals and appetite for risk. It invests in listed securities, debt, cash, commodities and other investment asset classes, primarily, but not exclusively, via exchange-traded funds (ETFs). It provides an online alternative to stockbroker platforms where customers make their own trading decisions.
Nutmeg was founded in 2011 by Nick Hungerford and William Todd. Major shareholders include Timothy Draper, Daniel Aegerter via Armada Investment Nigel Wray, John Kay, R Todd Ruppert, Balderton Capital, Schroders, Sir Charles Dunstone, Michael Spencer and Pentech Ventures. Hungerford served as Chief Executive Officer until he was replaced by Martin Stead in May 2016.
Nutmeg had over 50,000 customers and managing over £1B billion of assets under management as at December, 2017.
Key personnel within the organisation include Craig Anderson (Chairman), Martin Stead (CEO), Neil Alexander (CFO), Matt Gatrell (CTO), Darragh Geraghty (Chief Risk and Compliance Officer), Shaun Port (Chief Investment Officer), Lisa Rodwell (Chief Customer Officer). Board members are: Daniel Aegerter (Chairman), Stephen Clark, Nick George, Tim Bunting, Nick Hungerford, Martin Stead, Neil Alexander, Shaun Port and Johnny Chen.
Nutmeg’s investment division manages customer assets. It primarily uses Exchange-traded funds (ETFs) as their vehicle for investing customers’ funds.
Nutmeg has been the recipient of several Industry awards to date, including:
- Your Money Award 2018 - Best Online Stocks & Shares ISA Provider.
- Your Money Award 2017 - Best Online Stocks & Shares ISA Provider.
- Your Money Award 2016 - Best Online Stocks & Shares ISA Provider.
- Your Money Award 2015 - Best Online Stocks & Shares ISA Provider.
- Good Web Guide Awards 2014 – Website of the year
- eCommerce Awards for Excellence 2014 – Best Consumer Finance eCommerce
- Euromoney Awards 2014 – Innovations in Wealth Management Technology
- Growing Business Awards 2013 – Digital Champion
- Financial World Innovation Awards 2013 - 1. Innovation in customer proposition and product design 2. Investments and Innovation in the delivery of financial products
- Financial News 2013- 40 under 40 Rising Stars of Asset Management
- BVCA Management Team Awards 2014 – Best for Innovation
- Wealthbriefing European Awards 2014 – Winner – INNOVATIVE CLIENT SOLUTION
- Fstech Awards - Winner - Best Use of Online Services
- FinTech50 2014 – Named as one of the 50 most innovative and disruptive brands in financial technology for 2014
- Finovate Europe 2012 – Winner Best Of Show
- "InvestCloud brings fintech incubator to London". FinTech Futures. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- Nutmeg Saving and Investment Limited Companies House
- Discretionary Fund Manager Archived 2014-10-28 at the Wayback Machine The Financial Times
- Nutmeg mission statement The Financial Times
- Tech World Inspiration London Evening Standard
- Armada Investment Armada.com
- Pentech Ventures Pentechvc.com
-  thegoodwebguide.co.uk
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2015-02-19. Retrieved 2015-02-06.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link) ecommerceexpo.co.uk
-  euromoney.com
- Growing Business Awards 2013 – Digital Champion Realbusiness.co.uk
- Financial World Innovation Awards 2013 - 1. Innovation in customer proposition and product design 2. Investments and Innovation in the delivery of financial products Archived 2013-09-17 at the Wayback Machine Fwia.ifslearning.ac.uk
- Financial News 2013- 40 under 40 Rising Stars of Asset Management Efinancialnews.com
- BVCA Management Team Awards 2014 – Best for Innovation Archived 2014-06-04 at the Wayback Machine bvca-mta.com
- Wealthbriefing European Awards 2014 – Winner – INNOVATIVE CLIENT SOLUTION Wealthbriefing.com
- Fstech Awards - Winner - Best Use of Online Services Fstech.co.uk
- FinTech50 2014 Fintechcity.com
- Finovate Europe 2012 – Winner Best Of Show Archived 2014-06-29 at the Wayback Machine Finovate.com