|The Nutter Center|
|Former names||Ervin J. Nutter Center (1990-2011)|
|Location||3640 Colonel Glenn Highway
Fairborn, Ohio 45435
|Owner||Wright State University|
|Operator||Wright State University|
9,919 (Ice Hockey)
11,500 (End Stage)
|Field size||Ice surface: 200 x 85 ft (61 x 26 m)|
|Opened||December 1, 1990|
|Construction cost||US$34.5 million
($62.3 million in 2015 dollars)
|Architect||HOK Sport / KZF Design|
|Structural engineer||KZF Design|
|Wright State Raiders (NCAA) (1990–present)
Dayton Wings (WBL) (1991-92)
Dayton Bombers (ECHL) (1996–2009)
Dayton Warbirds (NIFL) (2005)
Dayton Bulldogs (NIFL) (2006)
The Wright State University Nutter Center (originally Ervin J. Nutter Center and commonly Nutter Center) is a multi-purpose arena located at Wright State University, in the Dayton, Ohio suburb of Fairborn. In addition to hosting the Wright State Raiders basketball team, the Nutter Center serves as a music venue for touring concerts and shows. High schools in the area also commonly use the arena to host graduation ceremonies.
A local businessman and inventor, Ervin J. Nutter, donated $1.5 million to Wright State University in 1986. Funds from both the state of Ohio and the university contributed an additional $8 million to construction efforts which began in 1988. Work was completed twenty months later and on December 1, 1990, the Nutter Center held its first official event.
- 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 2001 & 2007 Midwestern Collegiate Conference (now Horizon League) men's basketball tournament.
- 2014 Horizon League championship game
- The Harlem Globetrotters on December 31, 2009.
- 1993 WWE's King of the Ring 1993 tournament.
- WWE vs. ECW Head to Head special held in 2006.
- Hosted its second WWE Raw, the night following WrestleMania 23 on April 2, 2007.
- Taping of WWE Friday Night SmackDown on Tuesday May 12, 2009.
- Live WWE Raw on Monday January 4, 2010, which featured the WWE return of Bret Hart, who served as a guest host. This episode of Raw went head-to-head against wrestling promotion TNA on TV for the very first time.
- Taping of WWE Friday Night SmackDown on Tuesday December 7, 2010.
- Live WWE Raw on Monday April 30, 2012.
- Live WWE Raw on Monday November 19, 2012.
- Live WWE Raw on Monday January 20, 2014. Which Saw The Return Of The Animal Batista.
- Taping of "WWE SmackDown" on Tuesday February 10, 2015
- Barack Obama's "Keeping America’s Promise" rally, on Monday, February 25, 2008.
- “Road to the Convention Rally” on August 29, 2008, at which time Sarah Palin, Governor of Alaska, was announced as presumptive Republican presidential candidate John McCain's vice-presidential candidate, or running mate.
- On May 17–18, 2013, the Nutter Center hosted the Opening and Closing Ceremonies of the 2013 Science Olympiad National Tournament.
- The Nutter Center is frequently used as a competition venue for the Winter Guard International indoor percussion and color guard championships.
- E.J. Nutter Training Facility - a college football training facility at the University of Kentucky also named after Ervin J. Nutter
- The E.J. Nutter Science Center at The Miami Valley School - a science classroom wing of the Upper School also named after Ervin J. Nutter
- Consumer Price Index (estimate) 1800–2014. Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis. Retrieved February 27, 2014.
- "About Fairborn". City of Fairborn. Retrieved March 20, 2014.
- "Wright State University's Ervin J. Nutter Center Historical Overview". Nutter Center. Retrieved November 22, 2011.