Location within Nuuk
|Opening||July 27, 2012|
|Inaugurated||July 27, 2012|
|Floor area||25,000 sqm|
|Design and construction|
|Architecture firm||KHR Arkitekter A/S|
|Main contractor||MT Hoejgaard|
|Number of stores||20|
Nuuk Center, also shortened NC, is a shopping mall located in Nuuk, Greenland. The mall, which is the first shopping mall in Greenland, was inaugurated on July 27, 2012. Located next door to the Katuaq Culture Centre, the mall is focused on offering services to a broad spectrum of customers.
The mall building houses several local stores as well as their ancillary subsidiaries and sublets, such as cafes and shops. It also contains Greenland's first underground car park. 
- IQ Naasut
- Bog & Ide
- Pascucci Corner
- Torrak Fashion
- MDC Data
- Sweet Home Botex
- N<xt Generation
- Salon Mariia
Reception and criticism
Nuuk Center is welcomed by the local businesses, headed by Nuuk Centre Association, and is generally seen as a vehicle for strengthening the presence of local enterprises. By having a centrally placed mall, local businesses can better compete with multinationals. The mall is also seen as an employment opportunity for many.
The mall has not received an uncritical welcome, however. While some express concerns the mall will change both the dynamics and the esthetics of the city, others have seen the mall as a threat to the traditional trading customs. Members of the older generation perceive Nuuk as becoming "too European" by the integration and inclusion of what they see as essentially foreign institutions.
The mall offers its customers the services of the first indoor, underground parking hall built in the country's capital.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nuuk.|
- "NUUK CENTER" (in Danish). Retrieved September 2, 2012.
- "Nuuk Center" (in Danish). Retrieved September 2, 2012.
- Mads Dollerup-Scheibel. "Nuuk Center to open in July" (in Danish). Sermitsiaq AQ. Retrieved September 2, 2012.
- "1. Plan - Nuuk Center". Retrieved September 2, 2012.
- "2. Plan - Nuuk Center". Retrieved September 2, 2012.
- "Nuuk celebrates opening of flashy new $100-million shopping mall". Nunatsiaq Online. Retrieved September 3, 2012.
- "Filipovsky in Greenland". Retrieved September 3, 2012.
- "Greenland Today". Retrieved September 2, 2012.
- "Nuuk Center". Greenland Today. 13 July 2012. Retrieved 31 March 2013.
|This article about a shopping mall is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Greenland-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|