Number of employees
Nuup Bussii A/S is a bus company in Nuuk, the capital of Greenland, providing public transport services for the city. As of 2014 Nuup Bussii has 31 employees, operating 16 buses with a distinct yellow color, as well as five other small vehicles.
Prior to the establishment of public services, the ground transport in the city was operated by private entrepreneurs. The volatility and alleged unreliability of the services prompted the former Nuuk Municipality to regulate the traffic, and establish a public transportation company, overseen by the municipal authorities. Nuup Bussii was then founded on 26 September 1980. In 2012 the buses transported more than 2 million passengers around the city of Nuuk. Since 2009 Nuup Bussii provides city transport services in Nuuk for the new Sermersooq municipality, linking the town centre with the outlying districts and neighborhoods of Nuussuaq, Qinngorput, as well as Qernertunnguit in Quassussuup Tungaa.
- Route 1: Nuuk Center-Qinngorput–southern Nuuk–Nuuk Center, daily, every 40 minutes.
- Route 1A: Nuuk Center-Qinngorput–Nuuk Center, Monday–Saturday during peak hours only, every 20 minutes.
- Route 2: Nuuk Center–southern Nuuk–Qiterlia–Ilisimatusarfik–Nuussuaq–Qiterlia–Nuuk Center, daily, every 10 minutes (peak hours) to 40 minutes (after 21:00).
- Route 3: Nuuk Center–Nuussuaq–Ilisimatusarfik–Nuuk Airport–Qinngorput–southern Nuuk–Nuuk Center, Monday–Friday only, every 30 minutes (peak hours) to 60 minutes (off-peak).
- Route 4: Nuuk Center–Queen Ingrid's Hospital–southern Nuuk–Qernertunnguit–Myggedalen–Nuuk Center, Monday–Saturday only during peak hours only, every 30 minutes.
- A skibus shuttles between Nuuk Airport and Nuussuaq during weekends that the skilifts are opened.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nuup Bussii.|
- "About Nuup Bussii". Nuup Bussii, Official Website. Archived from the original on 4 May 2016. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- René Hansen, Nuup Bussii. "Fakta om Nuup Bussii" (in Danish). myldretid.dk. Retrieved 13 July 2010.
- "Nuup Bussii udvider bestyrelsen" (in Danish). Sermersooq Municipality, Official Website. Archived from the original on 30 June 2010. Retrieved 13 July 2010.
- "Lokalplaner og kommuneplantillæg for Nuuk" (in Danish). Sermersooq Municipality, Official Website. Archived from the original on 21 July 2011. Retrieved 13 July 2010.
- "Nuup Bussii A/S". Nuup Bussii, Official Website. Retrieved 13 July 2010.
- "Archived copy" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2014-11-10. Retrieved 2014-11-10.