Nuwara Eliya Post Office
|Nuwara Eliya Post Office|
නුවර එළිය තැපැල් කාර්යාලය
The Nuwara Eliya Post Office
|Architectural style||Tudor Revival|
|Town or city||Nuwara Eliya|
|Client||Sri Lanka Post|
In 2012 the former living quarters of the post master, on the upper floor of the post office, was converted into tourist accommodation.
In June 2017 the United Postal Trade Union went on a three-day strike in order to stop the government's plans to sell the Nuwara Eliya, Kandy and Galle Fort post offices to private developers, in order for the buildings be converted into hotels.
- "British want to understand all parts of Sri Lanka". Ceylon Today. 18 April 2012. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- Pieris, Anthony (2013). Architecture and Nationalism: The Trouser under the Cloth. Routledge. p. 45. ISBN 978-0-415-63002-3.
- "The Nuwara Eliya Clock Tower, now an Abandoned Heritage". Daily Mirror. 2 December 2011. Archived from the original on 20 February 2016. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- Naalir, Mohammed (18 November 2012). "Postal Holiday Bungalow in Nuwara Eliya". Sunday Observer. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "The Early Days". The Sunday Times. 8 March 1988. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- "Nuwara Eliya Post Office 1894". Colnect.com. Retrieved 18 November 2015.
- Karunaratne, Upali (30 June 2017). "Postal strike ends". The Daily News. Retrieved 5 June 2018.
- Kanakarathna, Thilanka (26 June 2017). "Indefinite postal strike from midnight". Daily Mirror. Retrieved 5 June 2018.