Nuzvid Fort Gate
|Nickname(s): Mango City|
|• Body||Nuziveedu Municipality|
|• MLA||Meka Venkata Pratap Appa Rao // YSRCP|
|• Total||31.69 km2 (12.24 sq mi)|
|Elevation||81 m (266 ft)|
|• Density||1,800/km2 (4,800/sq mi)|
|Languages = Telugu|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Vehicle registration||AP 16|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Eluru|
Nuzvid is located at . It has an average elevation of 81 m (266 ft).
As of 2011[update] Census of India, the town had a population of 58,590. There were 29,117 males and 29,473 females — a sex ratio of 1012 females per 1000 males, higher than the national average of 940 per 1000. 15,213 children are in the age group of 0–6 years, of which 12,606 are boys and 12,607 are girls—a ratio of 1000 per 1000. The average literacy rate stands at 82.37% with 43,966 literates, significantly higher than the national average of 73.00%.
Nuzvid municipality is the civic body of the town. It is a I–Grade Municipality, which was constituted in the year 1983. It is spread over an area of 28.69 km2 (11.08 sq mi) and has 30 election wards.
The Mango orchards are in abundance with Banginapalli, Totapuri varieties, those are even exported to foreign countries. It even generates revenue for Vijayawada railway division of South Central Railway zone, in terms of freight loading. In the year, 2009–10, 34,314 tonnes of mangoes were loaded to generate an income of ₹5.12 crore (US$710,000).
The town has a total road length of 153.60 km (95.44 mi). The Tiruvuru road connects it with NH 221 in the north-west and the Hanuman Junction road connects it to NH 5 in the south-east. The Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation operates bus services from Nuzvid bus station. Nuzvid railway station is under the jurisdiction of Vijayawada railway division of South Central Railway zone. It is situated on the Howrah-Chennai main line.
The primary and secondary school education is imparted by government, aided and private schools, under the School Education Department of the state. The medium of instruction followed by different schools are English, Telugu.
Nuzvid is an educational centre for the surrounding areas with colleges such as, Rajiv Gandhi University of Knowledge Technologies, Nuzvid, Krishna University.
- "Municipalities, Municipal Corporations & UDAs" (PDF). Directorate of Town and Country Planning. Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 28 January 2016. Retrieved 29 January 2016.
- "Census 2011". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- "Administrative Setup". Krishna District Official Website. Retrieved 20 November 2014.
- "Krishna District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. p. 486. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Maps, Weather, and Airports for Nuzvid, India". fallingrain.com.
- "Sex Ratio". The Registrar General & Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- "Chapter–3 (Literates and Literacy rate)" (PDF). Registrar General and Census Commissioner of India. Retrieved 1 September 2014.
- Srinivas, Rajulapudi (30 April 2013). "Bumper harvest of mangoes likely". The Hindu. Nuzvid (Krishna District). Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- B. MADHU GOPAL (26 May 2003). "Mangoes up for grabs". The Hindu. Retrieved 17 July 2015.
- Susarala, Ramesh (23 May 2013). "Record revenue from mango loading at Nuzvid". The Hindu. Vijayawada. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "Details of Roads in Each ULB of Andhra Pradesh". Commissioner and Directorate of Municipal Administration. Municipal Administration and Urban Developmemt Department – Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original on 1 August 2016. Retrieved 28 March 2017.
- "Krishna District Mandals" (PDF). Census of India. p. 525. Retrieved 16 July 2015.
- "Bus Stations in Districts". Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation. Retrieved 9 March 2016.
- "Nuzvid railway station". indiarailinfo. Retrieved 26 June 2014.
- "School Education Department" (PDF). School Education Department, Government of Andhra Pradesh. Archived from the original (PDF) on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
- "The Department of School Education – Official AP State Government Portal | AP State Portal". www.ap.gov.in. Archived from the original on 7 November 2016. Retrieved 7 November 2016.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Nuzvid.|