|Platform||Windows, PlayStation 4, Wii U, Xbox One, Android|
|Type||Video game development middleware|
Nvidia GameWorks is a middleware software suite developed by Nvidia. The Visual FX, PhysX and Optix SDKs provide a wide range of enhancements pre-optimized for Nvidia GPUs.  GameWorks is partially open-source. The competing solution being in development by AMD is GPUOpen, which was announced to be free and open-source software under the MIT License.
Nvidia Gameworks consists of several main components:
- VisualFX: For rendering effects such as smoke, fire, water, depth of field, soft shadows, HBAO+, TXAA, FaceWorks and HairWorks.
- PhysX: For physics, destruction, particle and fluid simulations.
- OptiX: For baked lighting and general-purpose ray-tracing.
- Core SDK: For facilitating development on Nvidia hardware.
- "Introducing NVIDIA GameWorks". Nvidia. Retrieved November 13, 2014.
- No BS 226: Interview with AMD Graphics Guru Richard Huddy. YouTube. 20 June 2014.
- "Nvidia making GameWorks Source Code Publicly available! | OC3D News". www.overclock3d.net. Retrieved 2020-02-10.