Nvidia Jetson stands for a series of computation processor boards from Nvidia. The Jetson TK1, TX1 and TX2 models all carry a Tegra processor (or SoC) from Nvidia that integrates an ARM architecture central processing unit (CPU).
The following boards are known:
- In late April 2014, Nvidia shipped the Nvidia Jetson TK1 development board containing a Tegra K1 SoC in the T124 variant and running Ubuntu Linux.
- The Nvidia Jetson TX1 development board bears a Tegra X1 of model T210.
- The Nvidia Jetson TX2 board bears a Tegra X2 of microarchitecture GP10B (SoC type T186 or very similar). This board and the associated development platform was announced in March 2017 as a compact card design for low power scenarios, e.g. for the use in smaller camera drones. A matrix describing a set of performance modes was provided by the media along with that. Further a TX2i variant, said to be rugged and suiteable for industrial use cases, is mentioned.
- The Nvidia Jetson Xavier got announced as a development kit in end of August 2018 for pre-ordering at prices of $2,499 (regular) and $1,299 (developer rebate) with a fulfillment promise of "early September". With the announce with a product image and some technical specs came along. Indications were given that a 20x acceleration for certain application cases compared to predecessor devices should be expected, and that the application power efficiency is 10x improved.
The published performance modes of the Nvidia Jetson TX2 are:
|Mode||Max Clocks (Denver2 + A57)||Max-P (Denver2 + A57)||Max-P (only Denver2)||Max-P (only A57)||Max-Q (only A57)|
|GPU Clock / MHz||1302||1122||854|
|Denver2 Clock / MHz||2000||1400||2000||stopped||stopped|
|Cortex-A57 / MHz||2000+||1400||stopped||2000||1200|
|TDP / W||might vary||15||15||15||7.5|
Various operating systems and software might be able to run on the Jetson board series.
JetPack is a Software Development Kit (SDK) from Nvidia for their Jetson board series. The official Nvidia download page bears an entry for JetPack 3.2 (uploaded there on 2018-03-08) that states:
- JetPack 3.2 adds support for the Linux for Tegra r28.2 image for the Jetson OS. It is packaged with newer versions of Tegra System Profiler, TensorRT, and cuDNN from the last release.
Even if QNX is not widely announced for the Jetson platform still there are success reports of installing and running specific QNX packages on certain Nvidia Jetson board variants. Namely the package qnx-V3Q-23.16.01 that is seemingly in parts based on Nvidia's Vibrante Linux distribution is reported to run on the Jetson TK1 Pro board.
- Michael Larabel (29 April 2014). "NVIDIA's Tegra TK1 Jetson Board Is Now Shipping". Phoronix.
- "Embedded Systems Development Solutions from NVIDIA Jetson". NVIDIA. 2015-03-18. Retrieved 2016-07-10.
- NVIDIA Rolls Out Tegra X2 GPU Support In Nouveau by Michael Larabel at phoronix.com on March 29, 2017
- NVIDIA Announces Jetson TX2: Parker Comes To NVIDIA’s Embedded System Kit, March 7, 2017
- NVIDIA Jetson TX2i Module for Industrial Environments
- NVIDIA Jetson Xavier Developer Kit
|This computing article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|