|Region||Northern Region of Uganda|
|Elevation||3,220 ft (980 m)|
Nwoya is on the main Gulu-Arua road, approximately 44 kilometres (27 mi), by road, southwest of Gulu, the largest city in the Acholi sub-region. This is approximately 330 kilometres (210 mi), by road, northwest of Kampala, the capital and largest city of Uganda. The coordinates of the town are 2°38'06.0"N, 32°00'00.0"E (Latitude:2.6350; Longitude:32.0000).
Points of interest
The following points of interest lie within the town limits or close to the edges of the town:
- headquarters of Nwoya District Administration
- The offices of Nwoya Town Council
- Nwoya central market
- Acholibur–Gulu–Olwiyo Road, arriving into town from Gulu in a north-south direction and leaves towards Olwiyo in a northeast-southwest direction
- "Map Showing Gulu And Nwoya With Distance Marker". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- "Road Distance Between Kampala And Nwoya With Map". Globefeed.com. Retrieved 3 June 2014.
- Google (21 July 2015). "Location of Nwoya at Google Maps" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 21 July 2015.