Nyanga High School, Marist Brothers
This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2018)
|Nyanga High School, Marist Brothers|
Private Bag 2006 Nyanga
|Coordinates||17°57′54″S 32°44′23″E / 17.964976°S 32.739706°E|
|Type||Catholic Boarding high school|
|Motto||Pietas Et Veritas|
(Latin: Duty and Truth)
|Grades||Form 1 - Upper Six|
|Age||12 to 19|
|Enrollment||500 - 600|
|Affiliation||Roman Catholic, Marist Brothers|
Nyanga High School, Marist Brothers also shortly known as 'Marist Nyanga', is a Catholic, independent, boarding, high school located in the Nyanga District of Zimbabwe’s Manicaland, 32 kilometres from Nyanga town. Marist Nyanga has a student population of about 550 pupils.
In 2016, the school's quiz team won first place in National School Quiz Championship contest held in Johannesburg, with 23 schools from South Africa, Botswana, Zambia and Zimbabwe participating.
Like most high schools in Zimbabwe, which follow the traditional British school system, students at Marist Nyanga are divided into four houses each having its own colour:
- Champagnat (Red), named after Saint Marcellin Champagnat, the founder of the Marist movement.
- Michael (Yellow), named after the Arch-angel Michael
- Patrick (Green), named after Saint Patrick
- Kizito (Blue)
- ^ Mugove Tafirenyika (20 February 2014). "A' Level top 100 schools". DailyNews Live.
- ^ "Zimbabwean high school the quiz champ". www.enca.com. Retrieved 2018-02-24.