|Nyborg municipality (Nyborg Kommune)|
|Municipalities of Denmark|
|Region||Region of Southern Denmark|
|Area||278 km2 (107 sq mi)|
|Density||114 / km2 (295 / sq mi)|
|Mayor||Kenneth Muhs (Venstre)|
|- summer (DST)||CEST (UTC2)|
Nyborg municipality is a municipality (Danish, kommune) in Region of Southern Denmark on the east coast of the island of Funen in central Denmark. The municipality, including the island of Sprogø, covers an area of 278 km², and has a total population of 31,607 (2008). Its mayor is Jørn Terndrup, a member of the Venstre (Liberal Party) political party. The main town and the site of its municipal council is the city of Nyborg.
The island of Sprogø lies in the Great Belt ca. 8.5 kilometers from the shores of the town of Nyborg. The Great Belt Bridge connects the municipality to the island, and then it continues to the island of Zealand at the town of Korsør.
Holckenhavn Fjord cuts into the municipality on its eastern shore north of the town of Holckenhavn. A road (Svendborgvej) connects the municipality across the fjord.
- Holckenhavn Castle (Holckenhavn Slot)
- Mads Lerche House (Mads Lerches Gård)
- Nyborg & Area Museums (Nyborg & Omegns museer)
- Nyborg Castle (Nyborg Slot)
- Vindinge Church (Vindinge Kirke)
- Municipal statistics: NetBorger Kommunefakta, delivered from KMD aka Kommunedata (Municipal Data)
- Municipal mergers and neighbors: Eniro new municipalities map