Nythe, Eldene and Liden
Nythe, Eldene and Liden is a civil parish in the eastern suburbs of the town of Swindon, England. In addition to the residential areas of Nythe (in the north), Eldene and Liden (southwest and southeast), the parish has the Dorcan industrial area.
Dorcan Way forms the north and east boundaries of the parish. To the west is Swindon Rugby Football Club, with Greenbridge industrial estate beyond (in Stratton St Margaret parish). To the south is the boundary of the former municipal borough of Swindon, which partly follows the course of the Dorcan Stream.
Following a Community Governance Review in 2013, Nythe obtained independence from Stratton St Margaret, becoming a new parish in its own right with effect from 1 April 2015. After a further review in 2016, the parish was extended to include Eldene and Liden, which were previously unparished areas; from 1 April 2017 the name of the parish is Nythe, Eldene and Liden. The parish has nine councillors.
The parish has a community centre, a primary school and Nyland Campus, a primary school for children with special needs. The local secondary school is Dorcan Academy on the other side of Dorcan Way, in Covingham.
- "Sheet 157". New Popular Edition maps. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- "Victoria County History - Wiltshire - Vol 9 pp104-119 - Swindon: Growth of the town". British History Online. University of London. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- "Community Governance Review" (PDF). Swindon Borough Council. 18 July 2013. Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 June 2015. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- "Agenda - Nythe Shadow Parish Council" (PDF). Swindon Borough Council. 29 January 2015. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- "New council to be created for Nythe". This is Wiltshire. Newsquest. 15 April 2013. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- "The Swindon Borough (Reorganisation of Community Governance) No. 1 Order 2017" (PDF). Local Government Boundary Commission for England. 19 January 2017. p. 4. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2017-04-06. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- "Community governance review - next steps". www.swindon.gov.uk. Swindon Borough Council. March 2017. Archived from the original on 2017-02-22. Retrieved 5 April 2017.
- "Nythe Primary School". Retrieved 17 August 2015.
- "Nyland Campus". The White Horse Federation. Retrieved 17 August 2015.
Media related to Nythe, Eldene and Liden at Wikimedia Commons