Interstate 490 (Illinois)
|O'Hare West Bypass
Western O'Hare Beltway
|Maintained by IDOT|
I-294 in Franklin Park
| IL 19 in Bensenville
IL 390 in Bensenville
IL 72 in Elk Grove Village
I-90 in Des Plaines
Interstate 490 (I-490), also known as O'Hare West Bypass and Western O'Hare Beltway, is a proposed electronic toll highway and a beltway near Chicago that would run along the west side of O'Hare International Airport. The tollway would connect Interstate 294 (I-294, the Tri-State Tollway) to a western access point to the airport. From there, it would continue northward to an extension of the Illinois Route 390 and I-90 (Jane Addams Memorial Tollway). Building the highway would affect the villages of Elk Grove Village, Wood Dale, Itasca and Bensenville.
On August 25, 2011, the Illinois State Toll Highway Authority (ISHTA) approved a $12 billion capital plan, doubling toll rates to fund it. The American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials approved the Interstate 490 designation in November 20, 2014, contingent on Federal Highway Administration approval.
Construction will begin in 2017 and will be completed in 2025.
- Meincke, Paul (July 14, 2011). "O'Hare bypass likely to increase Illinois tolls". Chicago: WLS-TV. Retrieved December 24, 2011.
- Illinois Department of Transportation. Roadway Improvements 203D (Map). Illinois Department of Transportation. Retrieved December 24, 2011.
- Pyke, Marni (December 19, 2009). "IDOT passes on Bensenville for western bypass around O'Hare". Daily Herald. Arlington Heights, IL. Archived from the original on June 8, 2011. Retrieved March 23, 2010.
- Johnson, Greg (November 20, 2014). "Report to SCOH" (PDF) (Report). Charlotte, NC: American Association of State Highway and Transportation Officials.
- Rozek, Dan (August 28, 2011). "Tollway OKs 87 percent toll increase". The Courier-News. Retrieved August 28, 2011.
|This Chicago-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Illinois road or road transport-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|