O'Leary Peak (center) from the Bonito Lava Flow
|Elevation||8,919 ft (2,719 m) NAVD 88|
|Prominence||1,778 ft (542 m) |
|Location||Coconino County, Arizona, U.S.|
|Topo map||USGS O'Leary Peak|
|Volcanic field||San Francisco volcanic field|
O'Leary Peak is an extinct Pleistocene lava dome volcano within the San Francisco volcanic field, north of Flagstaff, Arizona, and to the northwest of Sunset Crater National Monument. A fire lookout tower was built on a subsidiary eastern peak. It has and elevation of 8,919 feet (2,719 m).
View of the San Francisco Peaks from O'Leary Lookout, 2009
- "Oleary". NGS data sheet. U.S. National Geodetic Survey. Retrieved 2016-08-19.
- "O'Leary Peak, Arizona". Peakbagger.com. Retrieved 2014-02-08.
- Ulrich, George E; U.S. Geological Survey; U.S. Department of Energy; et al. Map showing geology, structure, and uranium deposits of the Flagstaff 1° x 2° quadrangle, Arizona. U.S. Geological Survey, Miscellaneous Investigations Series Map I-1446. OCLC 11553220.
- "O'Leary Peak". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey.
- "O'Leary Peak Trail". Coconino National Forest.
- "O'Leary Peak". SummitPost.org.
|This Arizona state location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|