O'Reilly on Advertising
O'Reilly on Advertising was a popular show that was broadcast Saturday mornings on CBC Radio One, running from 11:30 - 12:00pm (half an hour later in Newfoundland). Its host was Terry O'Reilly, who is a radio/voiceover director with a lengthy career. Its producer and co-creator was fellow adman and broadcaster Mike Tennant. The show is essentially a primer on media literacy, illustrating how advertisers create successful (or unsuccessful, as the case may be) radio ads. It ran for a total of 25 episodes, not including repeats, and concluded airing on December 31, 2005.
Some of the topics covered in the series include branding, the effective use of tag-lines, the Lion Advertising Awards at Cannes, and Public Service messages. It also examined why some advertising campaigns win or fail, how good copywriting can make a difference, and also trends in ad creativity.
A CD set is for sale on the CBC Store website. It contains 10 of the 25 episodes and has a cover price of $49.95 Cdn. The liner notes for this set indicate that the included episodes are numbers 1, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, and 13 from the list below. The set is currently packaged in a black CD carry case with no external product information other than the set title.
In September 2006, O'Reilly returned to the airwaves with a follow-up series called The Age of Persuasion. The theme of the new series was advertising and marketing in the present age and how it affects every aspect of modern life and culture.  The new series began in 2006; its fourth season began in January 2010.
- When Ads Go Too Far
- So You Want to Be a Voice Actor
- Celebrities In Advertising
- A Brief History of Advertising
- The Science of Advertising
- David and Goliath Ad Stories
- Music in Advertising
- The Sparhawk Beer Story (AKA "From Suits to Nuts")
- The Five Men Who Invented My Job
- The Wrath of Cannes
- Humour in Ads
- The Art of the PSA
- In Radio, You Are the Art Director
- Greatest Beer Ads
- International Ads – A Look Around The World
- The Importance of Branding
- Using Music as a Character
- Advocacy Ads – Selling an Idea, Not a Product
- Moments – Moments That Made Commercials Great
- Good Briefs, Bad Briefs, Ugly Briefs
- The Great Debate – Creative vs Effective
- Great Writing
- Fashions in Ad Creative – Trends
- Desert Island Reel – Terry's Favourite Spots of All Time