This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (April 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Jason Hershey|
|Born||1978 (age 40–41)|
|Genres||Pacific reggae, dancehall, hip hop|
Jason Hershey (born 1978 in Spokane, Washington), better known as O-Shen, is a reggae musician, raised in Papua New Guinea. O-Shen resides in Hawai'i but still goes to PNG. He raps and sings most of his songs in Tok Pisin.
O-Shen although born in Spokane, Washington was raised on the island of Papua New Guinea from a very young age.
He has had collaborations with Jamaican artists like Elephant Man, Third World, Black and Uhuru. His single, Throw Away the Gun, from his album, Rascal in Paradise, was featured in the 2004 film, 50 First Dates.
|Iron Youth||Cinnamon Red Records||January 1, 2000|
|Rascal in Paradise||Hobo House on the Hill Records||February 21, 2003|
|Kanaka Pasifika||CHM Supersound||February 6, 2004|
|Rising Son||Sharpnote Records||January 26, 2005|
|Best of O-Shen||Tokuma Records||2006|
|1 Rebel||Sharpnote Records||July 4, 2007|
|Saltwater Messenger||Sharpnote Records||February 16, 2011|
|In Ex-Isle||Allstar Records||April 21, 2013|
|Pacific Storm||Push Broom Productions Inc.||August 20, 2013|
|Free Island People||Island Warriors||2000|
|She Looks Good (with Ho'onu'a)||Take You To The Jam||2003|
- "With new CD, O-shen takes on the larger world | The Honolulu Advertiser | Hawaii's Newspaper". The Honolulu Advertiser. 2007-08-03. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
- Okole, Henry; Kantha, Solomon. "O-Shen - Pacific's rising son". Retrieved 26 April 2015.
- Paiva, Derek (7 February 2006). "O-Shen goes back to his roots on new album". Retrieved 26 April 2015.
- "Saltwater Messenger". cdbaby.com. 2011. Retrieved 26 April 2015.
- ""50 First Dates" the best romantic movie I have seen ever". Joe. 27 December 2009. Retrieved 26 April 2015.
- "2001 Na Hoku Hanohano Awards - 24th Annual Hoku Awards". Hawaiianmusichistory.com. 2001-05-29. Retrieved 2012-10-15.
|This Papua New Guinean biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a reggae musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|