|This article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|OAO Трубная Металлургическая Компания|
|Traded as||LSE: TMKS
|Dmitry Pumpyanskiy (Chairman)
Alexander Shiryaev (CEO)
|Revenue||US$ 3.337 billion (2016 year, IFRS)|
|US$ 169.15 million (2016 year, IFRS)|
|US$ 165.61 million (2016 year, IFRS)|
|Total assets||US$ 4.735 billion (2016 year, IFRS)|
|Total equity||US$ 898.74 million (2016 year, IFRS)|
Number of employees
OAO "TMK" (Russian: OAO Трубная Металлургическая Компания Truvnaya Metallurgiyeskaya Kompaniya; English: Pipe Metallurgical Co., OJSC) (LSE: TMKS and MCX: TRMK) is a leading global manufacturer and supplier of steel pipes for the oil and gas industry, operating 28 production sites in the United States, Russia, Canada, Romania, Oman, UAE, and Kazakhstan and two R&D centers in Russia and the United States. Headquarters – Moscow (Russia), Houston (USA).
TMK was established in 2001.
In 2003 a new TMK subsidiary, TMK-Kazakhstan, was established.
In 2004 TMK incorporated Taganrog Metallurgical Works.
In 2005 TMK established and incorporated TMK Global, a representative office was opened in Beijing (China). CJSC TMK was reorganized into an Open Joint Stock Company.
In 2006 ТМК made IPO of its GDRs on the London Stock Exchange. TMK incorporated the Romanian mills TMK-Artrom and TMK-Resita, and the Russian Orsky Machine Building Plant. The TMK Middle East trading subsidiary was created the same year.
In 2007 TMK acquired oilfield service companies including Truboplast, TMK NGS-Nizhnevartovsk, and TMK NGS-Buzuluk, as well as the Russian Research Institute for the Tube and Pipe Industries (RosNITI), Russia's largest pipe industry research institute. TMK-CPW, a joint venture between TMK and Corinth Pipeworks, and ТМК-Premium Service were established. TMK’s shares began trading on the MICEX Stock Exchange. Additionally, ТМК opened representative offices in Turkmenistan and Singapore.
2008 was marked by the acquisition of US pipe assets and the creation of the American division - TMK IPSCO. The Company also established TMK Oilfield Services and acquired TMK-Kaztrubprom (Kazakhstan).
In 2009 the TMK European Division was created. It includes TMK Europe, TMK Italia, TMK-Artrom, TMK-Resita.
In 2010 TMK-INOX became a joint venture between TMK and RUSNANO, it coordinates production and sales of precision stainless pipes. TMK ADRs began trading on the OTCQX International Premier trading platform in the US.
In 2011 TMK representative office in Uzbekistan was opened.
In 2012 the new Research & Development Center in Houston (Texas, United States) was commissioned and the Trade House TMK subsidiary in Orsk (Orenburg region) was opened. TMK acquired 55% of Gulf International Pipe Industry L.L.C. (GIPI) located in Oman and established a service joint venture with EMDAD in Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates.
In 2013 TMK acquired pipe services and precision manufacturing assets incorporated into OFSi company (Houston, USA).
Dmitry A. Pumpyanskiy – Chairman of the Board of Directors, Alexander Shiryaev - CEO
TMK plants produce almost the entire range of existing pipes used in the oil-and-gas sector, the chemical and petrochemical industries, energy and machine-building, construction and municipal housing, shipbuilding, aviation and aerospace, and agriculture.
TMK pipes are manufactured from carbon, stainless, and heat and cold-resistant steels, nickel alloys.
TMK delivers its products along with an extensive package of services in heat treating, protective coating, premium connections threading, warehousing and pipe repairing.
TMK’s global market presence is supported by its extensive international distribution network. Sales are made through TMK Trade House and a number of other distributors. TMK supplies products to more than 80 countries around the world. In addition to direct sales, the Company’s products are distributed by more than 100 official dealers in Russia and the CIS.
Production and operation subsidiaries
TMK Russian Division
- Volzhsky Pipe Plant (Volzhsky, Russia) - since 2001
- Seversky Pipe Plant (Polevskoy, Russia) - since 2002
- Sinarsky Pipe Plant (Kamensk-Uralsky, Russia) - since 2002
- Taganrog Metallurgical Works (Taganrog, Russia) - since 2002
- TMK-Kaztrubprom (Uralsk, Republic of Kazakhstan) – since 2008
- TMK-INOX (Kamensk-Uralsky, Russia) – since 2010
- TMK-CPW (Polevskoy, Russia) – since 2007
TMK American Division
- ТMK-IPSCO (USA) – since 2008
- Ambridge (Ambridge, Pennsylvania)
- Baytown (Baytown, Texas)
- Blytheville (Blytheville, Arkansas)
- Brookfield (Brookfield, Ohio)
- Camanche (Camanche, Iowa)
- Catoosa (Catoosa, Oklahoma)
- Geneva (Geneva, Nebraska)
- Houston (Houston, Texas)
- Koppel (Koppel, Pennsylvania)
- Midland/Odessa (Odessa, Texas)
- Wilder (Wilder, Kentucky)
- Edmonton (Alberta, Canada)
TMK European Division
- TMK-Artrom (Slatina, Romania) – since 2006
- TMK-Resita (Resita, Romania) – since 2006
TMK Middle East Division
TMK GIPI (Oman) – since 2011
- TMK-Premium Service (Moscow, Russia)
- TMK Oilfield Services (Moscow, Russia)
- Orsky Machine Building Plant (Orsk, Russia)
- Truboplast (Ekaterinburg, Russia)
- TMK NGS-Nizhnevartovsk (Nizhnevartovsk, Russia)
- TMK NGS – Buzuluk (Buzuluk, Russia)
- Threading&Mechanical Key Premium LLC (Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates)
- OFSi (Houston, USA)
R & D
Russian Research Institute for the Tube and Pipe Industries (RosNITI) in Chelyabiinsk (Russia) was established in 2007. R&D center in Houston (Texas) was opened in 2012.
TMK’s clients include such leading Russian and foreign companies as Rosneft, Gazprom, Transneft, Lukoil, Surgutneftegas, Shell, Total, Occidental Petroleum, Anadarko Petroleum, Saudi Aramco, AGIP, Wintershall, ONGC, KOC, Repsol and others.
Russia-based entities provide support to orphanages, educational and medical institutions and finance sport teams.
In the Urals Federal District accommodating two TMK entities, charity programmes are run through the corporate charitable foundation Sinara, a professional operator. This facilitates partnership with civic institutions through grant competitions.
To promote sports, TMK sponsors:
- the Russian Ski-Jumping and Nordic Combined Federation;
- a number of professional sports clubs, including: the Ural Football Club of the Russian Premier League; the Sinara mini-football club in Yekaterinburg, a two-time champion in Russia; the Dinamo Women’s Handball Club in Volgograd, an eleven-time champion in Russia; TAGMET tennis club in Taganrog;
- amateur teams representing TMK entities competing in various sports, including children’s and youth sports.
Also Dmitry Pumpyanskiy is a member of the Council of trustees of the “Russian Olympic Foundation”.
TMK GIPI employees of the Middle East Division are regular participants in blood donation campaigns in support of cancer, heart diseases and HIV sufferers.
TMK’s US Division acted as a leading corporate sponsor of the Age of Impressionism exhibition in the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston. Support is also provided to charity organisations in the cities where the Division’s entities operate, including the American Cancer Society and United Way.
- "PAO TMK Consolidated Financial Statements. Year ended December 31, 2016" (PDF). 10 March 2017. Retrieved 23 March 2017.
- Company Overview of Volzhsky Pipe Plant, Bloomberg Business.
- TMK Official Website
- TMK Company Profile, LinkedIn.com
- Steel Business Briefing
- Metallurgical Bulletin
- List of Russian companies
- South Stream
- Nord Stream - planned gas pipeline between Russia and Germany
- Shtokman field
- Burgas–Alexandroupoli pipeline