The OBX Index is a stock market index which lists the 25 most liquid companies on the main index of the Oslo Stock Exchange in Norway. All stocks on the OBX list can be traded with options and futures. The companies on the OBX list are rotated twice a year, on the third Friday of June and December.
List of companies in the index
The following 26 companies constitute the OBX list as of 26 September 2014. The last semi-annual review was 20 June 2014, the fissioning of Akastor from Aker Solutions has temporarily added a 26th company to the index.
|Company||GICS Sector||Ticker symbol||Index weighting (%)|
|Akastor||oil and gas equipment and services||AKA||0.4228|
|Aker Solutions||oil and gas equipment and services||AKSO||1.0261|
|BW LPG||oil and gas storage and transportation||BWLPG||0.7021|
|DNO International||oil and gas exploration and production||DNO||1.3482|
|Fred. Olsen Energy||oil and gas drilling||FOE||0.4363|
|Gjensidige Forsikring||multi-line insurance||GJF||3.2275|
|Golden Ocean Group||marine||GOGL||0.2185|
|Marine Harvest||packaged foods and meats||MHG||3.2412|
|Norwegian Air Shuttle||airlines||NAS||0.7175|
|Opera Software||internet software and services||OPERA||1.3452|
|Orkla||packaged foods and meats||ORK||5.5385|
|Petroleum Geo-Services||oil and gas equipment and services||PGS||0.9914|
|Prosafe||oil and gas equipment and services||PRS||1.0425|
|REC Silicon||semiconductor equipment||REC||0.5443|
|REC Solar||semiconductor equipment||RECSOL||0.3564|
|Royal Caribbean Cruises||hotels, resorts and cruise lines||RCL||3.6266|
|Seadrill||oil and gas drilling||SDRL||3.4667|
|Statoil||integrated oil and gas||STL||22.5925|
|Storebrand||life and health insurance||STB||1.8779|
|Subsea 7||oil and gas equipment and services||SUBC||2.7226|
|Telenor||integrated telecommunication services||TEL||12.6975|
|TGS-NOPEC||oil and gas equipment and services||TGS||1.8591|
|Yara International||fertilizers and agricultural chemicals||YAR||6.9098|
In 2003 the index showed 100 points. In May 2008 it showed 522 points.
Biggest drop in one day
The worst performing days for the OBX Index are:
|1||October 20, 1987||-19.11||since labelled "Black Tuesday"|||
|3||October 6, 2008||-9.71||in conjunction with the global liquidity crisis|||
|4||October 24, 2008||-9.24||in conjunction with the global liquidity crisis|||
|5||October 15, 2008||-8.81||in conjunction with the global liquidity crisis|||
|6||September 29, 2008||-8.3||in conjunction with the global liquidity crisis|||
|7||October 16, 2008||-7.95||in conjunction with the global liquidity crisis|||
|8||October 10, 2008||-7.7||in conjunction with the global liquidity crisis|||
|9||November 12, 2008||-7.45||in conjunction with the global liquidity crisis|||
|10||October 8, 2008||-6.44||in conjunction with the global liquidity crisis|||
|11||January 21, 2008||-6.4|||
|12||September 9, 2008||-5.57||in conjunction with the global liquidity crisis|||
|13||June 29, 2010||-5.28|||
- "Changes to the composition of the OBX Index from 20 June". 5 June 2014. Retrieved 1 July 2014.
- Source: GICS listings, Oslo Børs.
- As of 7 October 2014. Source: Oslo Børs - OBX vekter 07.10.2014, Oslo Børs.
- Lium, Per Arne (2008-10-12). "Krakket over alle krakk, eller?". Dagens Næringsliv (in Norwegian). Oslo, Norway. Retrieved 2008-10-13.
- "Panikken tok børsen". e24.no (in Norwegian). Oslo, Norway. 2008-10-06. Retrieved October 6, 2008.
- "100 milliarder forduftet fra børsen". e24.no (in Norwegian). Oslo, Norway. 2008-10-24. Retrieved October 24, 2008.
- Svendsen, Paal Adolfsen (2008-10-15). "Kraftig nedgang på Oslo Børs". NRK (in Norwegian). Oslo, Norway. Retrieved October 16, 2008.
- Magnus, Klever (2008-09-29). "Verste dag på 17 år". NA24 (in Norwegian). Oslo, Norway. Retrieved September 30, 2008.
- Parr, Odd Steinar (2008-10-16). "Ny, brutal dag på Oslo Børs – smalt ned stygge åtte prosent". Hegnar Online (in Norwegian). Oslo, Norway. Retrieved October 16, 2008.
- "Finanskrisen senker Oslo Børs: Verste børsuke i moderne tid". e24.no (in Norwegian). Oslo, Norway. 2008-10-10. Retrieved October 10, 2008.
- "Massivt fall på børsen". Dagens Næringsliv (in Norwegian). Oslo, Norway. 2008-11-12. Retrieved November 13, 2008.
- Øverbye, Gulbrand (2008-10-08). "Et av tidenes største børsfall". NA24 (in Norwegian). Oslo, Norway. Retrieved October 8, 2008.
- Landre, Even (2008-09-09). "Krisestemning på børsen". NA24 (in Norwegian). Oslo, Norway. Retrieved October 5, 2008.
- "Katastrofal børsdag". Dagbladet (in Norwegian). Oslo, Norway. NTB. June 29, 2010. Retrieved June 29, 2010.
|This Norwegian corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This bank and insurance-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|