|CEO||Dana Dunne |
|Products||Regular flights, low-cost airlines, hotels, cruises, car rental, dynamic packages, holiday packages and travel insurance|
|Adjusted net income||€20.1 million, representing a 50% increase on the previous year |
|Bookings||10,7 million (+10% than 2014) |
|Revenue Margin||€463.3 million (+6% than 2014)|
|Adjusted EBITDA||€95.8 million (+6% than 2014)|
|Sector||Tourism & e-commerce|
eDreams ODIGEO is a global online travel company that was formed in 2011 with the merger of four online travel agencies including eDreams, GO Voyages, Opodo Travellink plus the metasearch engine Liligo.com, which was acquired in 2013. The five brands that make up the group sell flights, hotels, vacation packages (flight + hotel), train tickets, car rentals, and travel insurance to 16 million customers with localized sites across 44 countries worldwide. The company with more than 1,700 employees worldwide has its headquarters in Barcelona.
The leadership team includes Dana Dunne (Chief Executive Officer), David Elizaga (Chief Financial Officer), Gerrit Goedkoop (Chief Operating Officer) Carsten Bernhard (Chief Technology Officer), Jerome Laurent (Chief Marketing Officer), BlandineKouyate (Chief People Officer), Andreas Adrian (Chief Trading Officer), Quentin Bacholle (Chief Vacation Product Officer) and Marcos Guerrero (Chief Retail and Product Officer).
The company had a turnover of 4.6 billion Euros in 2015/2016 fiscal year (for the year ending March 2016).
eDreams ODIGEO was founded in June 2011, created through the merger of eDreams and Go Voyages, and the acquisition of Opodo and its subsidiary Travellink, in a move that anticipated the consolidation of what remains a highly fragmented sector in Europe.
In April 2014, the company completed its Initial Public Offering on the Madrid Stock exchange, which valued the company at around $1.5 billion.  This was the first ever IPO of an Internet Startup in Spain.
In 2013, eDreams ODIGEO acquired the metasearch engine Liligo from SNCF, the French national railway operator. In January 2015, eDreams announced management changes with former Chief Operating Officer Dana Dunne replacing co-founder Javier Perez-Tenessa as CEO.
The company has received leading industry awards including “Best Online Travel Partner Global 2015” (CFI.co), “Best Flight Booking Website 2015 and 2016” (British Travel Awards) and “Best international Expansion” (eAwards – EMOTA).
- 1997 - Acquisition of Plus travel agency, Go Voyages and the AS400 software
- 1999 - Launch of the digital strategy
- 2000 - Accor enters in the capital of Go Voyages, with a 38.5% share
- 2001 - First OTA to offer travel packages for flight+hotel
- 2007 - Financière Agache P.E. and CNP, buy Accor from Go Voyages.
- 2010 - LBO of Ardian 420 employees
- 1999 - Founded in Silicon Valley by Javier Perez–Tenessa, James Hare and Mauricio Prieto.
- Venture capital with Apax Partners, Atlas Venture, DCM, and 3i as principal financial stakeholders
- 2000 - Start of operations in Italy and Spain. TTV earns 171m euros
- 2005 - Leading OTA in Southern Europe
- 2006 - LBO with TA Associates
- 2007 - Entry in Portugal, France, Germany
- 2009 - Development of a new technology platform,
- Addition of 14 more country markets
- 2010- LBO by Permira
- 2000 - Created by a consortium of nine airlines
- 2001 - Launch of the first webpage in Germany
- 2002 - Launch in the UK and France
- 2004 - Amadeus acquires 55% of Opodo
- 2005 - Fusion of Karavel, Travellink, eViaggi, and Vivacances
- 2007 - Arrival of the current management team
- Implementation of the price reduction program
- Elimination of Karavel from Barclays PE
- TI moves from London to Madrid
- 2009 - Amadeus acquires up to 99,7%
- 410 employees and 70 outsourced in the call center in France
- 2005 - Launch of liligo.com with flight search in France
- 2007 - First fund raising from founders, Business Angels & Alven Capital
- Hotel and package categories are launched
- Site is launched in Spain, Italy and UK
- 2008 - Second fund raising with 3M€ from Orkos Capital and Alven Capital
- Car hire category is launched.
- 2010 - New international sites are launched
- August: SNCF group enters the capital of liligo.com with 90% share
- 2013 - September: purchase of liligo.com by eDreams Odigeo group
Corporate visual identity
In January 2017, eDreams ODIGEO launched a new corporate identity. The new visual concept that defines eDreams ODIGEO revolves around the horizon as an inspirational element encouraging travellers to explore and discover new places.
In May 2017, the company reported a 70% reduction in development delivery times following the implementation of a new IT strategy that led to more than 1.000 product releases in one year, and a record of 130 only in March 2017.
According to Kable IT Database, the group has the largest team of in-house developers in the European online travel industry, more than 400, who work in 50 different autonomous teams.
In June 2016, eDreams ODIGEO launched free intelligent push notifications on mobile apps for iOS and Android devices, so that travelers can be notified of any flight delays, cancellations and diversions as well as gate announcements and baggage claim areas.
In 2017, eDreams ODIGEO introduced ‘heat maps’ to make booking hotel accommodation even more personal. The new tool allows customers to personalise their trip by choosing the hotel location in relation to the sightseeing, shops, restaurants and nightlife options. At the click of a button, travellers will be able to discover the hotspots in 40,000 destinations offered by the online travel agency.
Acquisition of budgetplaces
In 2017, eDreams ODIGEO acquired the Barcelona-based business budgetplaces.com, a hotel booking site that provides customers with access to accommodation around the world. The acquisition will give eDreams ODIGEO and its travel brands access to innovative technology and will improve product diversification, in line with the company’s business strategy.
Headquarters and offices
eDreams ODIGEO has its global headquarters in Barcelona, Spain. The group operates from three different buildings in the city, two of them hosting all business and corporate functions and one dedicated exclusively to Customer Service activities.
The company also has a development centre in Madrid, which will move to a new location in the city centre, as recently announced by the company. Along with these offices in Spain, the company also has local offices in other cities like Paris, London, Hamburg and Milan.
On a regular basis, eDreams ODIGEO publishes reports and analysis about the travel industry.
- European Traveller Insights Report is an annual white paper, published at the end of the year, which analyses the most relevant travel trends of the year including customer insights, habits and forecasts based on the data coming from the 17 million customers of the company. In the last report, launched in 2016, the company reported a shift in how Europeans book their travel and where they plan to go, with a 40% rise in short breaks (trips of 3-4 days)
- Mobile devices: the ultimate travel companion is a global report released during the 2017 Mobile World Congress in Barcelona that highlights the growing trend towards searching for inspiration and booking travel on mobile over the last 12 months, with mobile visits from 17 million customers across 44 countries increasing by up to 24% year on year.
eDreams earns its revenue through the sale of its travel products and advertising.
- In fiscal year (FY) 2011, eDreams was named Europe's largest online travel agency group, with gross bookings of €3.9 billion, and more than 14 million customers worldwide. 
- In FY 2012, the company's gross bookings were €4.15 billion  with over 8.7 million online purchases.
- In FY 2013, eDreams continued to be the largest online seller of flights in the world and Europe’s largest e-commerce company in terms of profits, with business volume nearing €4.4 billion  and nearly 9.8 million purchases. 
- In FY 2014, eDreams had gross bookings of over €4.2 billion with over 9.7 million online purchases. 
- In FY 2015 (ended in March 2016), eDreams had gross bookings of over €4.5 billion with nearly 10.7 million online purchases. 
- "Leadership". eDreams ODIGEO. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "eDreams ODIGEO : bénéfice net en hausse de 50 % sur 2015/2016". Tourmag.com. Retrieved 2016-09-07.
- "Full Year Results to 31st March 2016". eDreams ODIGEO. Retrieved 2016-09-07.
- "Media Kit". eDreams ODIGEO. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "eDreams Odigeo sale de pérdidas y gana 12,4 millones en su último ejercicio fiscal". elEconomista.es. 2016-06-20. Retrieved 2016-09-07.
- "Opodo-eDreams-GoVoyages lauded as new European agency powerhouse". Tnooz.com. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "Odigeo joins the big boys in travel search, buys Liligo from SNCF". Tnooz.com. 2013-10-09. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- "Company overview". eDreams ODIGEO. 2016-03-31. Retrieved 2016-09-16.
- Schaal, Dennis. "eDreams Shuffles CEOs and Appoints Philip Wolf as Chairman". Skift. Retrieved 21 February 2015.
- "Leadership - eDreams ODIGEO". eDreams ODIGEO. Retrieved 2017-01-10.
- "Chief Marketing Officer)".
- "eDreams financial results 2015-16 shows strategy progress". Tnooz. Retrieved 2017-01-10.
- Spain's eDreams Odigeo valued at $1.5 bln in IPO
- "Down 60%, eDreams Odigeo shares try to escape post-IPO nightmare". Tnooz.com. 2014-08-29. Retrieved 2016-09-07.
- eDreams ODIGEO appoints Dana Dunne as CEO
- "European eCommerce and Omni-Channel Trade Association". European eCommerce and Omni-Channel Trade Association. Retrieved 2016-06-16.
- Thompson, Nigel (2015-11-25). "ALL the fantastic 2015 British Travel Awards prize winners #BTA15". mirror. Retrieved 2016-06-16.
- "eDreams ODIGEO: Best Online Travel Partner 2015 - CFI.co Awards | Capital Finance International Awards". CFI.co Awards | Capital Finance International Awards. 2015-11-24. Retrieved 2016-06-16.
- "History". eDreams ODIGEO. 2014-06-20. Retrieved 2016-09-07.
- "EDreams ODIGEO Launches A New Corporate Identity", publicnow.com, January 11, 2017.
- "A journey that starts", summa.es,.
- "EDreams ODIGEO breaks record in March launching 130 new products", magazineoftravel.com,.
- "Crave raves with Honeywell, Chimani apps for national parks, and more...". Tnooz. Retrieved 2016-06-16.
- "eDreams ODIGEO introduces ‘heat maps’ to make booking hotel accommodation even more personal ", article.wn.com, January 17, 2017.
- "eDreams Odigeo acquires hotel booking site BudgetPlaces", tnooz.com, January 17, 2017.
- "EDreams Odigeo acquires budgetplaces.com", travolution.com, January 17, 2017.
- "Edreams contratará a 130 personas este año en Barcelona", lavanguardia.com, March 14, 2017.
- "Edreams reafirma su apuesta por Barcelona con la apertura de una nueva oficina", preferente.com, March 14, 2017.
- Odigeo Achieved a Turnover of EUR 3.9 Billion in FY 2011
- - ODIGEO Media Kit
- eDreams ODIGEO Consolidated Annual Report March 2014
- eDreams ODIGEO closes 2013 with business volume nearing €4.4 billion
- eDreams ODIGEO Consolidated Annual Report March 2014
- eDreams ODIGEO Annual Report 2015-2016
- eDreams ODIGEO Annual Report 2015-2016