This bomb is designed to engage lightly armored materiel and military industrial facilities, as well as manpower. It is dropped from altitudes of 500 to 15,000 m at a speed of 500 to 1,150 km/h. This aircraft bomb is effective against personnel in open terrain and motorized infantry at the reserves concentration base either on the march or in battle array. It is filled with fragments and powerful explosive compositions based on TNT/RDX. The design of this aircraft bomb provides for better fragments distribution in the fragments flight area and high density of the fragmentation zone within the lethal range as compared to general-purpose munitions. Aircraft can carry this bomb with a single-point suspension bomb rack or on 14” NATO standard suspension systems, using the corresponding fuze type.
- Caliber, 100 kg
- Length, 1065mm
- Body Diameter, ø273mm
- Tail fin span, 345mm
- Characteristic time, s 21,10/6
- Suspension Single/250 mm/14"
- Explosive weight, 42 kg
- Number of balls 15 000/6 900
- Ball diameter, mm ø8,75/ø11,9
- Bomb weight, 123 kg
- Fuze AVU-ETM; AVU-ET; AVU; AMV-AE2; 2'-12UN-2B; 3,5-12UN-2B
- The 12 Weapons Causing Most Of The Destruction In Syria, Business Insider, 23-09-2013.
- OFAB 100-120 High Explosive Fragmentation Bomb, Dunarit Corp.
- OFAB- 100-120, Armaco JSC.