SFC Etar Veliko Tarnovo
|Full name||Sports Football Club|
Etar Veliko Tarnovo
|Founded||17 July 2013|
|2017–18||First League, 11th|
Etar (Bulgarian: Етър) is a Bulgarian sports football club based in Veliko Tarnovo, that plays in the Bulgarian First League, the top flight of Bulgarian football. The club's home ground has been Ivaylo Stadium since 2013.
Foundation and Amateur League (2013–2016)
In January 2016, Boncho Genchev became the new manager of the team which was in 3rd place at the halfway point in the season, only two points behind the 1st place team. The selection included Lyubomir Genchev coming from A Group team PFC Montana, Stefan Hristov from Spartak Pleven and the leading goalscorer in the first part of 2015–16 season in B Group, Petar Dimitrov. The team eventually won all its matches, winning the league and being promoted to B Group.
Professional Football (2016–present)
On 9 June 2016 Etar were officially approved for the new 2nd division — Second League, with the club changing its abbreviation to "SFC Etar". Ferario Spasov remains in his position as manager and with a good selection team made promotion to First League. Etar were promoted as champions of the 2016–17 Second League, sealing their title on the final day of the season with a 2–2 away draw against Nesebar, coupled with Septemvri Sofia's 2–0 away defeat to Oborishte.
- Winners (1): 2016–17
- Winners (1): 2015–16
- Quarterfinals (1): 2017–18
Nickname, shirt and colors
Their main nicknames are the Bolyars and the Violets, the latter in reference to the colour of their home kit, which is often mistaken for purple.
|Period||Kit manufacturer||Shirt partner|
As of 8 September 2018[update]
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
Up to five non-EU nationals can be registered and given a squad number for the first team in the Bulgarian First Professional League however only three can be used in a match day. Those non-EU nationals with European ancestry can claim citizenship from the nation their ancestors came from. If a player does not have European ancestry he can claim Bulgarian citizenship after playing in Bulgaria for 5 years.
EU Nationals (Dual citizenship)
As of 21 May 2018[update]
|2013–14||V AFG (III)||5||19||5||6||61||20||62||not qualified|
|2014–15||V AFG||2||19||5||2||68||19||62||not qualified|
|2015–16||V AFG||1||27||1||2||100||16||82||First round|
|2016–17||Second League (II)||1||17||10||3||52||27||61||First round|
|2017–18||First League (I)||11||10||10||16||38||54||40||Quarterfinals|
|Green marks a season followed by promotion, red a season followed by relegation.|
|2016||Boncho Genchev [nb 1]|
|2016||Iliyan Kiryakov (interim)|
|2016||Ferario Spasov||1 V Group title|
|2017–2018||Stanislav Genchev||1 Second League title|
- Genchev was appointed as chairman of the zonal council of BFU for Veliko Tarnovo and had to resign from his post as manager.
- "Учредяват новия Етър!". football24.bg. Archived from the original on 2018-01-10.
- Новият „Етър В. Търново” е вече факт!
- "Етър Велико Търново започва на чисто във В група". gong.bg. Archived from the original on 2013-06-28.
- Бончо Генчев: Ще върнем Етър в професионалния футбол
- Етър хвърли трансферна бомба – привлече голмайстора на "Б" група
- Етър се завърна в професионалния футбол пред хиляди боляри на стадион „Ивайло”
- Официaлнo: “Етъp” във Втopa лигa
- "Nesebar vs. Etar 2–2". soccerway.com. 27 May 2017.
- „Етър” влезе в елита!
- Революция в Търново: Балъков е новият мениджър на Етър, Генчев остава, Деко е аут