Anunoby with the Toronto Raptors in 2018
|No. 3 – Toronto Raptors|
|Born||July 17, 1997|
|Nationality||British / Nigerian|
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||232 lb (105 kg)|
|High school||Jefferson City|
(Jefferson City, Missouri)
|NBA draft||2017 / Round: 1 / Pick: 23rd overall|
|Selected by the Toronto Raptors|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Ogugua "OG" Anunoby Jr. (born July 17, 1997) is a British professional basketball player for the Toronto Raptors of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He played college basketball for the Indiana Hoosiers.
Anunoby was born in London, England to Nigerian parents and raised in Jefferson City, Missouri, where his late father was a professor at Lincoln University. His brother, Chigbo Anunoby, has played for the Cleveland Browns, Tennessee Titans and Minnesota Vikings of the National Football League (NFL).
High school career
Anunoby played for Jefferson City High School. During his senior season, he averaged 19.1 points and 8.6 rebounds per game and was named a finalist for Mr. Basketball in the state of Missouri. In October 2014, Anunoby chose to attend Indiana University over Georgia, Iowa, George Mason, and Ole Miss.
|Name||Hometown||High school / college||Height||Weight||Commit date|
|Jefferson City, MO||Jefferson City HS||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)||235 lb (107 kg)||Oct 14, 2014|
|Recruiting star ratings: Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: ESPN:|
|Overall recruiting rankings:|
Anunoby was selected as a Preseason All-American by The Sporting News. On January 18, 2017, Anunoby injured his right knee against Penn State, causing him to undergo season-ending knee surgery. On April 10, 2017, Anunoby declared his intention to enter the 2017 NBA Draft and hire an agent, ending his tenure with the Hoosiers.
Toronto Raptors (2017–present)
On June 22, 2017, Anunoby was selected with the 23rd overall pick in the 2017 NBA draft by the Toronto Raptors. On July 9, he signed a rookie-scale contract with the Raptors. On November 14, Anunoby made his first career start, against the Houston Rockets. He finished the game with 16 points, 2 rebounds, 1 assist and 1 steal in 30 minutes. By December 15 he led starter rookies in offensive and defensive rating, besides having the third most True Scoring % and best Turnover-to-Assist ratio for a non-guard. On April 3, 2018, he hit his first ever buzzer beater, against the Cleveland Cavaliers.
On January 29, 2019, Anunoby was named a member of the World Team for the 2019 Rising Stars Challenge. In April 2019, Anunoby had an emergency appendectomy, which caused him to miss most of the Raptors' championship playoff run. He dressed for the NBA Finals but did not play.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field goal percentage||3P%||3-point field goal percentage||FT%||Free throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||Bold||Career high|
|†||Denotes seasons in which Anunoby won an NBA championship|
- "How OG Anunoby went from an undiscovered recruit to a March Madness sensation". sbnation.com. Retrieved June 24, 2017.
- Benge, James (November 23, 2017). "The NBA Score: OG Anunoby on growing up in London, guarding James Harden and British basketball". London Evening Standard. Retrieved April 9, 2018.
- The unexpected rise of Hoosiers freshman OG Anunoby
- "Mr. Show-Me Finalist". Mobca.org. April 10, 2015.
- Hoosiers land 2015 wing OG Anunoby
- IU player profile: High hope for OG Anunoby
- Indiana's OG Anunoby could be the NBA's next great lockdown defender
- "Anunoby Third-Team All-American". SportingNews.com. November 5, 2016.
- "Anunoby out for season". ESPN.com. January 20, 2017.
- "Hoosiers' OG Anunoby to enter draft, hire agent". ESPN.com. April 10, 2017.
- Loung, Steven (June 22, 2017). "Person of Interest: New Raptors draft pick OG Anunoby". Sportsnet.ca. Retrieved October 20, 2017.
- "Raptors Sign First-Round Pick OG Anunoby". Toronto Raptors. July 9, 2017. Retrieved October 20, 2017.
- Sharp, Jordan (November 15, 2017). "OG Anunoby scores 16 in first career start for RaptorsOG Anunoby scores 16 in first career start for Raptors". numberfire. Retrieved February 28, 2018.
- "Players General Advanced". nba.com. Retrieved April 9, 2018.
- Vardon, Joe (April 3, 2018). "Jose Calderon dominates Kyle Lowry, Cavaliers beat Raptors, 112-106". cleveland.com. Retrieved April 9, 2018.
OG Anunoby's 3-pointer as time expired
- "OG Anunoby Injury Update". nba.com.