OHMS (1980 film)
Some scenes from the film were shot at this location
|Directed by||Dick Lowry|
|Produced by||Neil T. Maffeo|
|Written by||Gene Case|
|Music by||Elizabeth Swados|
OHMS is a 1980 American television film directed by Dick Lowry. It stars Ralph Waite, David Birney, Talia Balsam, Dixie Carter and also features Leslie Nielsen as the governor. It was broadcast on CBS on January 2, 1980. The film is about a conservative farmer in the Midwest who leads a group of local residents lobbying against a power company invading their land. It was shot on location in New Philadelphia, Ohio.
Faced with a large corporation's attempt to erect large electric towers on private owners' land against their wishes, a conservative farmer organizes community resistance.
- Ralph Waite as Floyd Wing
- David Birney as Jack Coker
- Talia Balsam as Noranne Wing
- Dixie Carter as Nora Wing
- Charley Lang as Bo Wing
- Cameron Mitchell as Wilbur
- Leslie Nielsen as Governor
- Paul Hecht as Thomas Eichen
- Roy Poole as Joe Szabo
- John Ramsey as Smiley
- Nicholas Hormann as David Nash
- Tom Toner as Judge Donald Itta
- Keith Cosgrove as Dee Wing
- John C. Becher as Henry Lucker
- Bob Wells as TV reporter
- David S. Cass Sr. as Dump Truck Driver
- Luckin, Bill (1 January 1990). Questions of Power: Electricity and Environment in Inter-war Britain. Manchester University Press. p. 7. ISBN 978-0-7190-3302-5.
- Roberts, Jerry (5 June 2009). Encyclopedia of Television Film Directors. Scarecrow Press. p. 349. ISBN 978-0-8108-6378-1.
- "Leslie Nielsen Filmography". The Washington Post. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- TV Guide. Triangle Publications. 1979. p. 256. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "OHMS". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 12 August 2013.
- "OHMS Movie Cast". Reelz. Retrieved August 12, 2013.
- OHMS (1980 film) on Internet Movie Database
- OHMS (1980) at the TCM Movie Database
- "Retro 80s TV Movie Promo OHMS". YouTube.
|This article related to an American television drama film is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|