|Purpose||Intersex human rights|
|Dan Christian Ghattas and Miriam van der Have|
|Affiliations||Organisation Intersex International|
Founded in 2012 at the Second International Intersex Forum, Organisation Intersex International - Europe or OII Europe is the first European intersex NGO, and it brings together national and linguistic affiliates from around the European continent.
The organisation aims to end "mutilating and 'normalising' practices such as genital surgeries" and selective abortion on grounds of intersex, and promote the human rights and full citizenship of intersex people. It aims to engage with state and non-governmental actors.
OII Europe registered as an NGO in Germany in September 2015, with an executive board and a steering board. Founder co-chairs are Dan Christian Ghattas and Miriam van der Have. Spokespeople also include Kitty Anderson.
Along with ILGA-Europe, the organisation contributed to Resolution 1952 (2013) of the Council of Europe Parliamentary Assembly, on Children's Right to Physical Integrity, adopted in October 2013. The organisation was described by Council of Europe Rapporteur Marlene Rupprecht as "Europe’s leading intersex organisation". The organisation also opposes mandatory classifications of intersex infants to a third classification, arguing that it may increase the likelihood of medical "normalisation".
OII Europe has published a guide to "Standing up for the human rights of intersex people" in collaboration with ILGA-Europe. It is available in English, French and Turkish. On Intersex Solidarity Day 2016, OII Europe launched a new visibility website, InterVisibility.eu, with material on intersex in 23 European languages.
OII Europe is affiliated to Organisation Intersex International, and a member of the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association.
- "First ever European Intersex NGO founded. OII Europe sets up work on Intersex Human Right Issues". OII Europe. 14 December 2012.
- "Transgender Europe welcomes Creation of European Intersex Human Rights Organization". Transgender Europe. March 5, 2013.
- Ins (September 26, 2015). "The big next step: OII-Europe officially registers as a non-profit NGO in Germany". OII Europe. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- Caroline Ausserer, Dr. Dan Christian Ghattas (December 15, 2015). ""It Is Still a Big Taboo"". Heinrich Böll Foundation. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "OutSummit Speakers". OutRight Action International. December 2015. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "IDAHO 2015: Montenegro's government contributes significantly to holding of 14th Roundtable of European Governmental LGBT Focal Points Network". Government of Montenegro. May 12, 2015. Retrieved 2015-07-02.
- Cassell, Heather (10 October 2013). "Europe adopts historic intersex resolution". Bay Area Reporter.
- "ILGA-Europe and OII Europe Statement on the adoption of a historical intersex resolution by the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe". ILGA-Europe. 3 October 2013.
- "Children's right to physical integrity: Explanatory memorandum by Ms Rupprecht, rapporteur". Council of Europe Parliamentary Assembly. 6 September 2013.
- "Why adding intersex as an option in Germany is not such a great option". SoSoGay. 4 November 2013.
- Sullivan, Andrew (1 January 2014). "Male, Female, Or Neither?".
- "Standing up for the human rights of intersex people – how can you help?". OII Europe. February 2016. Retrieved 2017-01-19.
- "Interseks bireylerin insan haklarını savunmak. Nasıl yardım edebilirsiniz?". OII Europe. November 8, 2016. Retrieved 2017-01-19.
- "Défendre les droits humains des intersexués – comment être un allié efficace?". OII Europe. January 3, 2017. Retrieved 2017-01-19.
- "Intervisibility European project launched". Intersex Day. November 8, 2016.
- "InterVisibility European Intersex Visibility Works!". OII Europe. 2016.