||This article may be too technical for most readers to understand. (July 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The acronym OMAPI stands for Object Management Application Programming Interface. As of 2016[update] ISC DHCP uses OMAPI as an API to manipulate the internal data structure of a running instance of the ISC DHCP server or client.
Uses on the server include:
- editing registration information for managed nodes and
- controlling the operation of the DHCP Failover Protocol.
Uses on the client include:
- fetching configuration information,
- releasing and renewing leases, and
- changing which interfaces the DHCP client manages