OMEGA Championship Wrestling
|Headquarters||Cameron, North Carolina, United States|
The company was established in 1997, OMEGA was run and created by Matt and Jeff Hardy with help from his friend Haxz Islam. They began the promotion because, at the time, there weren't many places to wrestle, nor did they know anyone who could help. Both Matt and Jeff Hardy took apart the ring and put it back together at every event they had, while Matt Hardy sewed all the costumes worn in OMEGA.
The promotion folded in October 1999, after both Matt and Jeff Hardy had signed with the World Wrestling Federation, leaving the other wrestlers to make careers for themselves, with many moving onto NWA Wildside.
In 2007, Highspots.com produced a two-disc DVD set entitled OMEGA: Uncommon Passion, chronicling the history of the promotion, including matches and interviews with many OMEGA wrestlers.
Matt Hardy had announced that OMEGA would return in January 2013 with an event titled "Chinlock For Chuck". The main event featured Matt Hardy, Jeff Hardy, Shane "Hurricane" Helms and "Cowboy" James Storm defeating Gunner, Steve Corino, CW Anderson and Lodi. On October 12, 2013 at "Chapel Thrill", Hardy announced a Tournament for the OMEGA Heavyweight Championship which featured Matt Hardy vs. CW Anderson and Shane "Hurricane" Helms vs. "The King" Shane Williams. After Hardy's qualifying match he was attacked by CW but was saved by the returning Willow the Whisp. Hardy won that match and now advance to the finals. In their April event "Chaos in Cameron" The Hardy Boyz defeated The Briscoe Brothers in the main event.
On February 28, 2015, OMEGA held an event called Night of a Champion, featuring the finals of the OMEGA Heavyweight Championship tournament. Jeff Hardy (replacing an injured Shane Helms) defeated his brother, Matt Hardy, to become the first OMEGA Champion since 2000.
|Championship||Current champion(s)||Previous champion(s)||Date won||Location|
|OMEGA Heavyweight Championship||Matt Hardy||Trevor Lee||November 21, 2015||Smithfield, North Carolina|
|OMEGA Tag Team Championship||The Broken Hardys
(Broken Matt & Brother Nero)
|N/A||January 29, 2017||Gibsonville, North Carolina|
|Championship||Final champion(s)||Previous champion(s)||Date won||Location|
|OMEGA New Frontiers Champion||Cham Pain||Kid Dynamo||January 29, 1999||Wendell, North Carolina|
|OMEGA Light Heavyweight Champion||Joey Matthews||Christian York||January 29, 1999||Wendell, North Carolina|
|Ethan Carter III|
|Jeff Hardy||OMEGA Tag Team Champion|
|Matt Hardy||OMEGA Heavyweight Champion
OMEGA Tag Team Champion
- Jim Varsallone (December 2001). "Matt and Jeff Hardy - Interview". Wrestling Digest. Archived from the original on 2007-03-31. Retrieved 2007-06-04.
- Hardy, Matt (2007-05-29). "Will Not Die-aries: Thoughts on rival Gregroy Helms". World Wrestling Entertainment. Archived from the original on 2008-03-29. Retrieved 2010-10-25.
- Milner, John M. (2005-06-13). "The Hurricane". SLAM! Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-05-14.
- "Organization Of Modern Extreme Grappling Arts" (in German). Cagematch.de. Retrieved 2008-01-11.
- Caldwell, James. "News: Global Force & OMEGA starting a working relationship, title match added to Friday's Global Force show in N.C.". Pro Wrestling Torch. PWTorch.com. Retrieved 14 August 2015.
- Dumas, Amy and Michael Krugman. Lita: A Less Traveled R.O.A.D.--The Reality of Amy Dumas. New York: Simon & Schuster, 2003. ISBN 0-7434-7399-X
- Hardy, Matt and Jeff. The Hardy Boyz: Exist 2 Inspire. New York: HarperCollins Publishers, 2003. ISBN 0-06-052154-6
- Keith, Scott. Wrestling's One Ring Circus: The Death of the World Wrestling Federation. New York: Citadel Press, 2004. ISBN 0-8065-2619-X