|Headquarters||Princeton, New Jersey, United States|
|Tom Markert (Chief Executive Officer)|
ORC International is a market-research agency with 16 offices around the world. The firm is part of Lake Capital. ORC International's company headquarters are in Princeton, New Jersey.
Since the firm's founding in 1938, ORC International (formerly Opinion Research Corporation) has innovatively built a continual expansion of methods, business issues, and industry expertise, technologies, capabilities, and insights. The firm is privately held company with a rich history of growth both organically and through acquisition.
- 1938- founded by Dr. Claude Robinson, pioneering figure in market research and original director of the Gallup Poll
- 1945- conducts first-ever employee research program for General Motors
- 1964- launches first ever CARAVAN omnibus survey- today, it is still the longest running omnibus service in the US
- 1975- joins the Council of American Survey Research as a founding member
- 1992-1993- expands presence in UK with acquisition of Research by Telephone and Gordon Simmons Research
- 2007- forms partnership with CNN on the CNN|ORC Poll; expands to Asia Pacific with acquisition of NWC Research in Melbourne, Australia
- 2011- formally changes corporate name worldwide to ORC International; returns to independent status under Lake Capital
- 2013- acquires Cincinnati-based firm, MRSI
- 2014- Lake Capital acquire Engine Group; ORC International formally joins Engine Group