|Traded as||NASDAQ: BLMN|
Tampa, Florida, U.S.
|Founder||Robert D. Basham
Chris T. Sullivan
J. Timothy Gannon
|Headquarters||2202 North West Shore Boulevard, Suite 500
Tampa, Florida, U.S. 33607
Number of locations
|1,443 restaurants (2011)|
|Elizabeth A. Smith
(CEO / Chairman)
(CBO / Executive Vice President)
David Deno, EVP & CFO
Number of employees
|Parent||Bloomin’ Brands, Inc.|
Carrabba's Italian Grill
Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
|Footnotes / references
Bloomin' Brands, Inc. is a hospitality industry company that owns several American casual dining restaurant chains. The company was established in 1987 in Tampa, Florida, where it is headquartered.
The company was founded in August 1987 as Multi-Venture Partners, Inc. in Florida by Tim Gannon, Bob Basham, and Chris Sullivan. In 1988 the first Outback Steakhouse was opened in Tampa, Florida. The company went public in 1991 as a 49-restaurant chain and changed its name to Outback Steakhouse, Inc. The Carrabba's Italian Grill was launched in 1993. The company's international expansion began with the first Outback Steakhouse to open in Canada. Revenues for the company exceed $1 billion for the first time. In 1998 the first units of Roy's Restaurant, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar, and Lee Roy Selmon's open. Cheeseburger in Paradise was launched several years later in 2002. The Wall Street Journal reported on November 7, 2006 that Bain Capital, Catterton Partners and founders Sullivan, Basham, and Gannon (collectively referred to as Kangaroo Holdings, Inc.), had reached an agreement to buy OSI Restaurant Partners Inc. for about $3 billion.
As of 2015, chains that the company owns and/or operate include:
The company formerly held the Cheeseburger in Paradise and Lee Roy Selmon's restaurant concepts. OSI also opened Blue Coral Seafood & Spirits in 2006, and planned 15 locations. They had opened two in California: one at Newport Beach in Orange County, and a second in San Diego, until deciding to close in 2009.
- [dead link]
- OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC (December 31, 2011). "FY 2011 10-K". U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Retrieved April 14, 2012.
- Unknown (2001). "OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC". Hoovers. Retrieved August 31, 2012.
- Janet Adamy (November 7, 2006). "Outback Steakhouse Owner OSI Agrees to $3 Billion Buyout Deal". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved April 15, 2012.
- Luna, Nancy (July 7, 2009). "Fashion Island closures & openings.". Orange County Register. Retrieved July 12, 2012.
- Howard Seftel (October 21, 2004). "Paul Lee's Chinese Kitchen". The Arizona Republic. Retrieved April 15, 2012.
- Chris Sherman (July 24, 2001). "Outback puts lid on Zazarac in Tampa". St. Petersburg Times. Retrieved April 15, 2012.
- "Inside the company, History" (PDF). OSI Restaurant Partners, LLC. Retrieved April 14, 2012.[dead link]