OSU Open Source Lab
||This article reads like a news release, or is otherwise written in a promotional tone. (January 2014)|
||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for academics. (November 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
The Oregon State University Open Source Lab is a nonprofit organization working for the advancement of open-source technologies. The lab provides hosting for more than 160 projects, including the Apache Software Foundation, the Linux Foundation and Drupal. The OSL's hosted sites deliver nearly 430 terabytes of information every month. The OSL offers hosting services, professional software development and hands-on training for students interested in open-source management and programming. The lab was founded by Scott Kveton and Jason McKerr in 2003 and is currently managed by Lance Albertson. Sponsors and supporters of the lab include Google Inc., the Collaborative Software Initiative, Facebook Inc., The Linux Foundation, IBM, the Drupal Association, Aruba Networks and Host Virtual.
A large variety of free and open-source software projects are hosted by the OSL. They provide a managed and unmanaged hosting environment for open-source software development. The lab often hosts projects that have outgrown services such as SourceForge or GNU Savannah. Like Google, the Open Source Lab employs the Ganeti solution stack.
Projects at least partially hosted by the OSL.
- Apache Software Foundation
- Ark Linux
- cAos Linux
- Eclipse Communication Framework
- Fedora Project
- Gentoo Foundation
- Linux Foundation
- Linux Fund
- One Laptop Per Child
- Open and Free Technology Community
- Open Clip Art Library
- Open Font Library
- Oregon State Linux Users Group
- Participatory Culture Foundation
- PPCKernel and PenguinPPC
- Software in the Public Interest, Inc.
- Sugar Labs
- Trinity Rescue Kit
Projects under active development by the OSL:
- Ganeti Web Manager – Web based virtual machine management for Ganeti.
- Ganeti Instance Image – A guest OS definition for Ganeti.
- Pydra – A distributed and parallel computing framework for python.
- Muddle – A plugin manager sub-framework for Django.
- Touchscreen – A framework for developing interactive kiosk displays.
Projects that are no longer under active development by the OSL:
- Maintain – A multi-user, web based management tool for DNS and DHCP. Written in PHP/MySQL.
- RAIV – Rack and Inventory management system. Written in PHP/MySQL.
- OLPC – MITs One Laptop Per Child project. Watch and Listen and the Helix media player were written for the device.
- OSU Open Source Lab – Home
- OSU Open Source Lab – Hosted and mirrored open-source communities
- CONNECT is an open-source software solution that supports health information exchange – both locally and at the national level.
- Infrastructure Team – Sugar Labs
- Infrastructure_Team/Resources – Sugar Labs
- Sugar Labs | Open Source Lab
- OSL Ftp Map
- PowerDev Environment Access
- Ganeti Web Manager
- Ganeti Instance Image