O Homem do Futuro
|O Homem do Futuro|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Cláudio Torres|
|Produced by||Tatiana Quintella
|Written by||Cláudio Torres|
Gabriel Braga Nunes
Maria Luisa Mendonça
|Music by||Luca Raele
|Cinematography||Ricardo Della Rosa|
|Edited by||Sérgio Mekler|
|Distributed by||Paramount Pictures|
O Homem do Futuro (lit. "The Man from the Future") is a 2011 Brazilian romantic comedy film directed by Cláudio Torres. The film stars Wagner Moura and Alinne Moraes. It was shot in Paulínia and Campinas in the state of São Paulo, and in Rio de Janeiro.
In 2011, João "Zero" (Moura), a bitter but brilliant physicist, spends his days brooding over a fateful night 20 years before when he was publicly betrayed and humiliated at a college party by his girlfriend. He now heads one of the largest scientific projects in Brazil, but his eccentricities and tantrums have brought him to the verge of being fired by his former college roommate and current sponsor, Sandra.
Aided by his best friend and fellow scientist, Otávio (Ceylão), Zero turns on the unfinished machine he has developed that was supposed to ensure his wealth as well as a new source of sustainable energy. To his surprise, the reaction caused by the machine opens a bridge to the past, leading him to the year 1991 and the traumatic night when the beautiful Helena (Moraes) left him for a popular playboy, Ricardo (Nunes).
Zero then discovers that changing the facts can be more difficult and confusing than it seems. Returning to an altered present, he learns that his younger self used his knowledge of the future to become a powerful and corrupt businessman, even further separated from Helena. His only alternative is to return to the past once more and prevent himself from changing the present, while trying to avoid the time paradoxes caused by the presence of three versions of himself in 1991.
- Wagner Moura as João "Zero" Henrique
- Alinne Moraes as Helena
- Maria Luiza Mendonça as Sandra
- Gabriel Braga Nunes as Ricardo
- Fernando Ceylão as Otávio
- Camargo, Maiara (September 2, 2011). "Wagner Moura se encontra com ele mesmo em 'O Homem do Futuro'". O Estado de S. Paulo (in Portuguese). Grupo Estado. Retrieved June 23, 2014.
- "Filmes Brasileiros Lançados - 1995 a 2013" (PDF) (in Portuguese). Ancine. p. 11. Archived from the original on June 16, 2014. Retrieved June 23, 2014.
- Smith, Ian Hayden (2012). International Film Guide 2012. p. 79. ISBN 978-1908215017.
- "Comentário convidado: O Homem do Futuro". Terra Magazine (in Portuguese). Terra Networks. September 24, 2011. Retrieved June 15, 2014.