O Land of Beauty!
National anthem of Saint Kitts and Nevis
|Also known as||National Anthem of the Federation of Saint Christopher and Nevis|
O Land of Beauty (Instrumental) [note 1]
"O Land of Beauty!" is the national anthem of the Federation of Saint Kitts and Nevis. Written and composed by Kenrick Georges, it was officially adopted as the national anthem of the newly independent nation in 1983, when the federation received its independence from Great Britain.
- O Land of Beauty!
- Our country where peace abounds,
- Thy children stand free
- On the strength of will and love.
- With God in all our struggles,
- Saint Kitts and Nevis be,
- A nation bound together,
- With a common destiny.
- As stalwarts we stand,
- For justice and liberty.
- With wisdom and truth,
- We will serve and honor thee.
- No sword nor spear can conquer,
- For God will sure defend.
- His blessings shall forever,
- To posterity extend.
- "St. Kitts and Nevis". nationalanthems.info. Retrieved 24 April 2016.
- Listen to O Land of Beauty (instrumental version, mp3)
- Information, links and streaming audio for the St. Kitts and Nevis national anthem
|This Saint Kitts and Nevis-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This national, regional or organisational anthem-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|