O Magnum Mysterium
||This article's use of external links may not follow Wikipedia's policies or guidelines. (March 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
O Magnum Mysterium is a responsorial chant from the Matins of Christmas. A great number of composers have reworked the chant into a contemporary setting; the settings by Byrd, Victoria, Gombert, Gabrieli, Palestrina, Poulenc, Judith Bingham, Harbison, La Rocca, Mäntyjärvi, Pierre Villette, Morales, Lauridsen, Busto, Louie, Maw, David Conte, Miskinis, Antognini, Da Rold, Gjeilo, are notable.
- Latin text
- O magnum mysterium,
- et admirabile sacramentum,
- ut animalia viderent Dominum natum,
- jacentem in praesepio!
- Beata Virgo, cujus viscera
- meruerunt portare
- Dominum Christum.
- English translation
- O great mystery,
- and wonderful sacrament,
- that animals should see the new-born Lord,
- lying in a manger!
- Blessed is the Virgin whose womb
- was worthy to bear
- Christ the Lord.
- Free scores of O Magnum Mysterium in the Choral Public Domain Library (ChoralWiki)
- O Magnum Mysterium by Grex Vocalis
- Magnum Mysterium by Morten Lauridsen
- Magnum Mysterium by Morten Lauridsen Sung by Lumen Valo
- Magnum Mysterium by Tomas Victoria
- Magnum Mysterium by Gabrieli
- Magnum Mysterium by Jennifer Higdon
- Magnum Mysterium by Carl Rütti
- Magnum Mysterium by Giovanni Pierluigi da Palestrina
- Magnum Mysterium by Jan Dismas Zelenka
- Magnum Mysterium by Margaret Rizza
- Magnum Mysterium by Ivo Antognini
- Magnum Mysterium by Manolo Da Rold
- Magnum Mysterium (Serenity) by Ola Gjeilo
|This Christian music song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|