The Palace of Angels
(Redirected from O Palácio dos Anjos)
|The Palace of Angels|
|Directed by||Walter Hugo Khouri|
|Written by||Walter Hugo Khouri|
|Produced by||Walter Hugo Khouri|
|Edited by||Mauro Alice|
|Music by||Rogério Duprat|
Metro Goldwyn Mayer
Les Films Number One
|Distributed by||Metro Goldwyn Mayer|
The Palace of Angels (Portuguese: O Palácio dos Anjos; French: Le palais des anges) is a 1970 Brazilian-French drama film directed by Walter Hugo Khouri. It was selected to compete for the Palme d'Or at the 1970 Cannes Film Festival.
Bárbara is a French woman who lives in São Paulo and, with two other friends, decides to transform her apartment into a luxurious brothel (title of the film), with which she obtains money and prestige, but also finds many emotional problems.
- Geneviève Grad as Bárbara
- Adriana Prieto as Ana Lúcia
- Rossana Ghessa as Mariazinha
- Luc Merenda as Ricardo
- Norma Bengell as Dorothy
- Joana Fomm as Rose
- John Herbert as Carlos Eduardo
- Alberto Ruschel as José Roberto
- Sérgio Hingst as Mr. Strauss
- Pedro Paulo Hatheyer as Dr. Luiz
- Zózimo Bulbul as Senegal's ambassador
- ^ a b "O Palácio dos Anjos" (in Portuguese). Cinemateca Brasileira. Retrieved 30 June 2014.
- ^ "Festival de Cannes: The Palace of Angels". festival-cannes.com. Retrieved 11 November 2009.