|Written by||Saji Gul|
|Directed by||Kashif Nisar|
|Country of origin||Pakistan|
|No. of seasons||1|
|No. of episodes||31|
|Camera setup||Multi-camera setup|
|Original network||Hum TV|
|Audio format||Stereophonic sound|
|Original release||July 28, 2017 –|
February 23, 2018
|Followed by||Zun Mureed|
O Rangreza (Urdu: او رنگریزہ), was a Pakistani romantic drama serial that airs on Hum TV. It stars Bilal Abbas Khan and Sajal Ali in lead roles. It is written by Saji Gul and is directed by Kashif Nisar, who previously directed Dumpukht, which also starred Bilal Abbas Khan along with Sonia Mishal.
The story is of stubborn girl, Sassi (Sajal Aly), who makes her father Khayyam (Noman Ijaz) ideal and follows his footsteps and treats her mother Mumtaz "Mammo" (Irsa Ghazal) exactly like how Khayyam treats her. Her maternal cousin Qasim (Bilal Abbas Khan), the serious orphan guy who is "dye wala". Qasim starts taking interest in Sassi but stops thinking because of Khayyam's favors on him. Khayyam loves an actress, Sonia Jahan (Sana Fukher) and Sassi starts to follow her footsteps and starts to visit her, and learn from her. One day, on her fathers' birthday, she dances with her. Her father found this thing embarrassed and slaps her for this. Sassi starts hating her father for it, and her father gets her married with Qasim, but Qasim refuses it. Sassi finds solace in Sonia's lover and the director, Waji Kumar (Omair Rana) and starts working in his films. But Waji dislikes her because of her father Khayyam who has affair with Sonia. Sassi's eldest brother, Tipu (Hamza Firdous) comes from London back to home with his girlfriend,meena (Sonia Mishal). Tipu is funny, but from inside he is arrogant and stubborn like Sassi and meena is the British girl who speaks English. While, Sonia poisons Khayyam and escapes because she doesn't love him. Khayyam wakes up and repents over every persecution he did for Sonia Jahan. He is now not able to complete his poetry he did for Sonia. Now meena is taking interest in Islam and has turned Muslim. She brought Qasim too and told him too choose a name for her. The name he chooses is Amna. Meena (Amna) loves Qasim a lot but Qasim says he can only love Sassi and no one else. Mumtaz says that she wants Qasim to marry Amna and says she will speak to him. Tipu names the house to Meena and decided to marry her to remove Khayam, Sonia, Sassi and Mammo for haveli but Qasim marries Meena (Amna) and thus becomes owner of the house saving the members. Meanwhile, Sonia becomes patient of a crucial disease, all her organs refuse to work, she becomes unable to speak, all her property is annexed by her producers and she dies in Khayam’s house. Sassi becomes a filmstar with her film “Sonia Jahan” which is a tribute to the life of actress but when she is insulted by Wajhi and Qasim starts to dislike her she leaves acting and falls in love with Qasim who has now no interest in her.
- Noman Ijaz as Khayam Sani
- Sana Fakhar as Sonia Jahan
- Sajal Ali as Sassi
- Bilal Abbas Khan as Qasim
- Sonia Mishal as Amna
- Irsa Ghazal as Mumtaz
- Sohail Tariq
- Umer Dar as Ramazan
- Fareeha Jabeen
- Omair Rana as Wajih Kamal 
- Tanveer Malik
- Haseeb Khan
- Marium Noor
- Rizwan Riaz
- Faisal Kichi
- Hamza Firdous as Tipu
- Waseem Akram
Bilal, on the set of O Rangreza, said that "It’s a beautiful story, I play a dye wala and my whole get-up is like that. I fall in love with a girl played by Sajal who is my first cousin, and from there the play will unravel and the story will unfold. All the characters involved have their own story to tell which will make O Rangreza an interesting watch as it is quite different. Besides Sajal and myself the play will also feature Nauman Ejaz and Sonia Mishal."
|Soundtrack album by|
|Released||Sahir: July 2017|
Sajal: October 2017
|Recorded||Sahir's version: April 2017|
Sajal's version: September 2017
Initially, Sahir Ali Bagga sung and composed the song of O Rangreza. In September 2017, Sajal Aly, who plays protagonist in the serial, also sung parts of song with Sahir, which were also composed by him. All lyrics written by writer of serial, Saji Gul in the company Moomal Entertainment.
|2018||Lux Style Awards||Best Television Actress||Sajal Aly||Nominated|||
|Best Writer||Saji Gul||Nominated|
|Best Director||Kashif Nisar||Nominated|
|Best Television Play||O Rangreza||Nominated|
|Best Original Soundtrack||Sahir Ali Bagga||Nominated|
|2018||Hum Awards||Best Drama Serial Jury||O Rangreza||Nominated|||
|Best Drama Serial Popular||O Rangreza||Nominated|
|Best Director||Kashif Nisar||Won|
|Best Writer||Saji Gul||Nominated|
|Best Actor Male Popular||Noman Ijaz||Nominated|
|Best Actor Male Jury||Noman Ijaz||Nominated|
|Best Actor Female Popular||Sajal Aly||Nominated|
|Best Actor Female Jury||Sajal Aly||Won|
|Best Supporting Actor||Bilal Abbas Khan||Nominated|
|Best Supporting Actress||Irsa Ghazal||Nominated|
|Best on-screen couple Popular||Sajal Aly and Bilal Abbas Khan||Nominated|
|Best on-screen couple Jury||Sajal Aly and Bilal Abbas Khan||Won|
|Best Original Soundtrack||Sahir Ali Bagga||Won|
- "'O Rangreza': A struggle to find the meaning of life - Daily Times". Daily Times. 2018-02-11. Retrieved 2018-09-28.
- Ajaz, Mahwash (2017-12-16). "As a nation I think we're addicted to self-pity, says O Rangreza writer Saji Gul". Images. Retrieved 2018-09-28.
- "O Rangreza Comes to an End. - OxGadgets". OxGadgets. 2018-02-23. Retrieved 2018-09-28.
- "O' Rangreza Review: An artful concoction - Entertainment - Dunya News". dunyanews.tv. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- "O Rang Reza Episode 2: idealisers, self-referential poetry, and music". The Nation. Retrieved 30 October 2017.
- Haq, Irfan Ul (6 July 2017). "Sana Fakhar will play Sonya Jehan in upcoming drama 'O Rangreza'". Images. Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- "Sajal Aly talks about Sassi". Something Haute. 3 October 2017. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "Indians are very warm, just as Pakistanis are: Sajal Aly - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 5 July 2017. Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- "O Rang Reza Episode 2: idealisers, self-referential poetry, and music". The Nation. Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- "O' Rangreza Review: An artful concoction - Entertainment - Dunya News". dunyanews.tv. Retrieved 27 August 2017.
- "O Rang Reza Episode 11: gerontophilia and Omair Rana's sensual villainy". The Nation. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "Bilal Abbas Khan to star opposite Sajal Ali in upcoming drama titled 'O Rangreza'". HIP. 2 February 2017. Retrieved 3 February 2017.
- "Sajal Aly's debut song will leave you mesmerised!". www.pakistantoday.com.pk. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "Sajal Ali lends her voice to 'O Rungreza'". Something Haute. 2 October 2017. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "Sajal Aly's mesmerising singing debut has left us wondering when her solo album is coming out! - The Express Tribune". The Express Tribune. 10 October 2017. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "Sajal Ali's debut singing stuns fans - Entertainment - Dunya News". Dunya News. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- "Sajal Aly talks about her singing debut". Something Haute. 5 October 2017. Retrieved 11 November 2017.
- Staff, Images (2018-07-29). "Hum Awards 2018: Yakeen Ka Safar wins big". Images. Retrieved 2018-07-30.