Oak Furniture Land
This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (February 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Founded||Chippenham, United Kingdom (2006)|
|Headquarters||Swindon, United Kingdom|
Number of locations
Number of employees
Oak Furnitureland is a privately owned British furniture retailer, specialising in fully assembled hardwood furniture. The company has 98 stores across the UK, with its headquarters located in Swindon in Wiltshire, England.
Oak Furnitureland was launched through its website on Boxing Day, 2006. The company started in 2003 by selling on eBay. It opened a pop-up shop on an airfield in the Cotswolds. Its first store on a retail park was in Chippenham. The company reported a turnover of £85m and a profit of £9.2m in the year to September 30, 2012.
For their Winter Sale 2013 TV advert campaign, the characters of Oak and Acorn were introduced. Oak, played by Stephen Critchlow, is the mature salesman while Acorn, played by Philip Labey, is the comedy relief within this duo.
In June 2015, Oak Furnitureland became the principal sponsor and Home Shirt sponsor for Burnley F.C.. They sacrificed their shirt sponsorship space at the Burnley FC v Leeds United fixture on 9 April 2016, in place of Burnley FC in the Community - Burnley FC's official charity.
Oak Furnitureland received an outstanding achievement award at the 19th annual Sunday Times Fast Track 100 awards in July 2016, and was included in the list for the fifth year, the only company to ever be so.
On 29 July 2016, Oak Furnitureland won three Lovedbyparents awards for their Nursery products. These were: Platinum award for Best Cot Bed, Gold award for Best Nursery Furniture Set and Silver for Best New Product to Market 2016.
Oak Furnitureland products are sold exclusively through its retail outlets and website.
In 2019, Oak Furnitureland announced the opening of its first US store at Wayside, a shopping center in Burlington, Massachusetts. Greater Boston has been chosen as the location based on the popularity of the brand online in Massachusetts.
- "Swindon-based retailer Oak Furniture Land to take on new staff". Swindon Advertiser. January 29, 2013. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- "Online retailer to mogul/". The Daily Telegraph. February 4, 2013. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- "Online shops move into the High Street/". BBC. May 7, 2013. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- "Oak Furniture Land reports record sales and profits". Retail Week. January 31, 2013. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- "£22m property investment deal puts Oak Furniture Land centre under new ownership". Swindon Business News. March 25, 2014. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- "Dining Sets for Christmas from Oak Furniture Land | Don't Do This To Nan". YouTube. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- "Oak Furniture Land launch Christmas ad campaign". thedrum.com. October 26, 2012.
- "How I Made It: Jason Bannister, founder of Oak Furniture Land". The Sunday Times. January 11, 2015.
- "Swindon bosses join the battle for Britain's top entrepreneur award". Swindon Business News. April 27, 2015. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- "Burnley's Sean Dyche looks to new season in Championship". ITV News. June 17, 2015. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- "Dyche: Exciting start for fans". Sky Sports. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- "Oak Furniture Land is Clarets new shirt sponsor". Burnley Express. June 3, 2015. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- "Change of sponsor for Leeds United game in aid of Burnley FC in the Community". Burnley Express. April 6, 2016.
- "Oak Furniture Land receives business award". Furniture News. July 2016. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- "Lovedbyparents Award Winners 2016". Lovedbyparents.
- "Data: The top 30 retailers by the proportion of online sales". Retail Week. November 8, 2016. Retrieved 2019-11-15.
- "Oak Furniture Land named in Sunday Times Top Track table". Cabinet Maker. 3 October 2016.
- "Oak Furnitureland Chooses Boston Area for its First US Retail Location". Furniture World Magazine. Retrieved 2019-08-16.