Oak Hill Academy (Mouth of Wilson, Virginia)
|Oak Hill Academy|
2635 Oak Hill Road|
Mouth of Wilson, Virginia 24363
|Type||Private, Christian Boarding school|
|Motto||"The Turning Point"|
|Head teacher||Diante Lesperance|
|Average class size||17–20 students|
|Campus||420 acres (170 ha)|
Oak Hill Academy is a co-educational, private, Baptist-affiliated Christian secondary school in Mouth of Wilson, Virginia, United States. Oak Hill's enrollment of approximately 150 students is 98% boarders, serving grades 8–12. It is accredited by the Virginia Association of Independent Schools.
Mostly all of Oak Hill's Athletic teams compete on a National level. The sports that are offered include basketball, baseball, Lacrosse, soccer, tennis, softball, volleyball, and wrestling.
The Oak Hill Academy Warriors basketball program is regarded by some as the best prep basketball program in the Nation}, having produced future NBA all-stars Rajon Rondo, Carmelo Anthony, and Kevin Durant.
Under head coach Steve Smith, the Oak Hill Warriors would be crowned "Dick's Sporting Goods National High School Champions" nine times from 1993, 1994, 1999, 2001, 2004, 2007, 2012 and most recently in 2016.
Notable basketball players
- Chris Brown, played for Oregon State University
- Eric Devendorf, former player at Syracuse University and a 2006–07 All-Big East Honorable Mention selection.
- Keith Gallon, played one year at the University of Oklahoma
- Jamont Gordon, former player at Mississippi State University
- Justin Gray, standout player at Wake Forest University.
- Sean Green, played at Iona College and briefly in the NBA
- Venson Hamilton, player at University of Nebraska
- Lamont Jones, currently plays for Mitteldeutscher
- Alex Legion, currently plays for Fortitudo Bologna
- Landon Milbourne, currently plays for Vanoli Cremona
- K.C. Rivers, currently plays for Panathinaikos
- Travis Watson, last played for Lugano Tigers
- Curtis Staples, drafted by the Chicago Bulls in 1998. Eighth in NCAA career three-point field goals, at 413.
- D'Vauntes Smith-Rivera, last played for Koroivos
- Juwan Staten, former player at West Virginia University, and a 2× First-team All-Big 12 selection.
- Billy Preston, college basketball player for the Kansas Jayhawks.
- Lindell Wigginton, college basketball player for the Iowa State Cyclones.
- Jordan Adams, played for the Memphis Grizzlies, was the 22nd overall pick in the 2014 NBA draft.
- Cory Alexander, played at the University of Virginia and in the NBA
- Carmelo Anthony, played at Syracuse University; drafted third in 2003; 2003 NCAA Champion; NBA All-Star; attended Towson Catholic High School in Baltimore before transferring.
- William Avery, former Duke University point guard, and former NBA player for the Minnesota Timberwolves.
- Michael Beasley, transferred to Notre Dame Prep, 2007 McDonald's All American Game MVP, played at Kansas State University. Selected second in the 2008 NBA draft.
- Mark Blount, played at the University of Pittsburgh
- Alex Blackwell, played at Monmouth College and briefly in the NBA
- Steve Blake, played at the University of Maryland, who last played for the Detroit Pistons in the NBA
- Dwayne Bacon, played at Florida State University, current NBA player for the Charlotte Hornets.
- Junior Burrough, played at the University of Virginia and briefly for the Boston Celtics in the NBA
- Quinn Cook, currently plays for the Golden State Warriors, as of the 2017-18 NBA season. NBA Champion.
- Ben Davis, played at the University of Arizona and briefly in the NBA
- Kevin Durant, (transferred to Montrose Christian School before graduating) played at The University of Texas; second pick in 2007 NBA draft; MVP of the 2006 McDonald's All American Game; NBA Rookie of the Year; NBA All-Star; NBA MVP, NBA Champion 
- DeSagana Diop, former NBA player for the Dallas Mavericks and Charlotte Bobcats, current coaching associate of the Utah Jazz.
- Harry Giles, (briefly attended due to injury, Later transferred to Forest Trail Academy before graduating), played at Duke University, 20th pick in the 2017 NBA Draft, current NBA player for the Sacramento Kings.
- A. J. Hammons, currently plays for Miami Heat
- Stephen Jackson, former NBA player, most recently for the San Antonio Spurs
- Brandon Jennings, former NBA player, most recently for the Washington Wizards, selected 10th in the 2009 NBA draft. Played for Italy's Lottomatica Roma.
- Doron Lamb, McDonald's All-American; played at University of Kentucky; player for the Milwaukee Bucks and the Orlando Magic.
- Ty Lawson, current NBA player for the Washington Wizards, played at the University of North Carolina. Went to Bishop McNamara High School before going to Oak Hill Academy.
- Jeff McInnis, played at the University of North Carolina; former player on Portland Trail Blazers, Los Angeles Clippers, and the New Jersey Nets.
- Ben McLemore, plays for Memphis Grizzlies, selected 7th overall in NBA Draft
- Ron Mercer, played at the University of Kentucky from 1995–1997; played for 7 NBA teams
- Rajon Rondo, played at the University of Kentucky; drafted 21st in the NBA draft, won the 2008 NBA championship; an All-Star in 2010, 2011, 2012, and 2013. Currently plays for the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Josh Smith, drafted first round, 17th pick by the Atlanta Hawks in the 2004 NBA draft. Last played for the Houston Rockets.
- Nolan Smith, played for Duke University, in the NBA for the Portland Trail Blazers. Nolan is the son of Derek Smith, who starred at the University of Louisville.
- Jerry Stackhouse, played at the University of North Carolina. NBA player with the Philadelphia 76ers, Detroit Pistons, Washington Wizards, Dallas Mavericks, Brooklyn Nets, and Milwaukee Bucks.
- Rod Strickland, played at DePaul University and drafted 19th in the 1988 NBA draft. 17 seasons in the NBA for the Portland Trail Blazers and the Washington Wizards.
- Sindarius Thornwell, played for The University of South Carolina, drafted by Milwaukee Bucks and traded to the Los Angeles Clippers
- Marcus Williams, 2004 National Championship with UConn. Played with the New Jersey Nets, Golden State Warriors, the Memphis Grizzlies and in Serbia and Spain.
- Troy Williams, plays for the New York Knicks, previously played for the Memphis Grizzlies, and the Houston Rockets
- "Private School Universe Survey". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 6 December 2017.
- "Oak Hill website". Oak-hill.net. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Player Bio: Chris Brown". Osubeavers.com. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- Dave Iannone. "NBA Draftees – Oak Hill Basketball – Oak Hill Academy". Oakhillhoops.com. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Player Bio: Steve Blake". Umterps.com. 1980-02-26. Archived from the original on 2012-09-18. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Kevin Durant – Hoopedia". Hoopedia.nba.com. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Player profile at". Nba.com. 1989-09-23. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Virginia's Powerhouse". Sports Illustrated. 2002-10-24. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- https://www.nba.com/lakers/releases/180706-lakers-sign-rajon-rondo. Missing or empty
- "Free Agent Josh Smith Joins Houston Rockets". NBA.com. December 26, 2014. Retrieved December 26, 2014.
- "Jerry Stackhouse profile at Basketball Database". Databasebasketball.com. 1974-11-05. Retrieved 2011-10-10.
- "Rod Strickland profile at Basketball database". Databasebasketball.com. 1966-11-07. Retrieved 2011-10-10.