Oak Hills High School
|Oak Hills High School|
|3200 Ebenezer Road
Cincinnati, Ohio, (Hamilton County) 45248
|Type||Public, Coeducational high school|
|School district||Oak Hills Local School District|
|• Grade 9||Freshman|
|• Grade 10||Sophomores|
|• Grade 11||Juniors|
|• Grade 12||Seniors|
|Color(s)||Red and Black|
|Fight song||"On Highlanders"|
|Athletics conference||Greater Miami Conference|
|Rival||Elder High School|
|Accreditation||North Central Association of Colleges and Schools |
|Athletic Director||Mike Coots|
Oak Hills High School is a four-year public secondary school located in Bridgetown, Ohio, with a mailing address of Cincinnati. Oak Hills often is referred to as "OHHS" by its students and faculty. It is run by the Oak Hills Local School District.
With approximately 3,100 students enrolled annually, Oak Hills is one of the largest public high schools in Greater Cincinnati and Ohio. Oak Hills is a member of the 10-school Greater Miami Conference.
For the past 10 years, Oak Hills has qualified for the Ohio Department of Education's Excellent with Distinction rating, the highest rating possible. This is based on average attendance, grades, graduation rates, and scores on the Ohio Graduation Test.
Oak Hills is known for having very high graduation rates. The Ohio Department of Education cites Oak Hills as having the highest graduation rate among large high schools in the state at 99.1%.
Oak Hills offers numerous courses with varying levels of difficulty. Students can take remedial level, college preparatory, or Advanced Placement classes in several subjects.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
- Boys Bowling - 2004 State Team Champion's 
- Mock Trial - 1987, 2003, 2008 State Champions
- Boys Baseball – 1980 
- Girls Swimming and Diving – 1982 
- Boys Soccer – 1980 (lost in double overtime)
Notable alumni and faculty
- Chris Ensminger, professional basketball player and coach
- Susan Floyd, Actress
- Rich "ACE" Franklin, professional mixed martial arts fighter and former UFC Middleweight champion; former math teacher at Oak Hills
- Scott Klingenbeck, former MLB player for the Cincinnati Reds
- Kim Rhodenbaugh, US Olympic Team, 1984 (swimming). Kim appeared on a Wheaties box in 1989 as part of the product's "Search for Champions II" promotion.
- Pete Rose, Jr., son of Pete Rose (not an alumnus)
- Judge Alex Triantafilou, Hamilton County Court of Common Pleas, Chairman Hamilton County Republican Party
- Bill Wegman, former MLB pitcher for the Milwaukee Brewers
- Brett Wetterich, PGA Tour golfer, winner EDS Byron Nelson Championship (2006)
- Yoshi Oyakawa (former faculty member/ coach), 1952 Olympic gold medalist in the 100m Backstroke.
- Dick Roche
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association member directory". Retrieved 2010-03-16.
- "Contact Information". Oak Hills High School. Oak Hills High School. Retrieved 20 July 2017.
- OHSAA. "Oak Hills High School School Profile" (PDF).
- NCA-CASI. "NCA-Council on Accreditation and School Improvement". Archived from the original on March 15, 2010. Retrieved 2010-03-16.
- Department Staff - OakHillsSports.com - Cincinnati Oak Hills High School Athletics
- "Bridgetown North CDP[permanent dead link]." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on December 14, 2009.
- 2011-2012 and 2012-2013 OHSAA Tournament Enrollment Figures
- Michael D. Clark (March 11, 2013). "PASSION FOR PLACE: Mason High's strategy - big is best". cincinnati.com. Archived from the original on 13 March 2013. Retrieved 29 May 2016.
- OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- Yappi. "Yappi Sports Baseball". Retrieved 2007-02-12.