Oak Park Football Club
|Full name||Oak Park Football Club|
|Nickname||'Oakers', 'Parkers', 'Kangas'|
|Colours||Blue & White vertical stripes|
|League||Essendon District Football League|
|Ground||J.P. Fawkner Reserve, Oak Park|
Oak Park Football Club is also known as The Oakers, OPFC and The Kangas. Oak Park Football Club is an Australian rules football club located 12 km north west of Melbourne in the suburb of Oak Park and was founded in 1957 as a junior club playing Under 15's in a local junior competition.
In 1960 was established as a senior club in the Essendon District Football League B Grade.
The under age teams moved to the EDFL in 1962. An open age reserve team was formed in 1964 and a third open age team competed between 1979 and 1985.
The club first senior premiership was the 1983 B Grade. Oak Park won consecutive A Grade premierships in 2002 and 2003.
Senior Premierships (4)
- A Grade - 2002, 2003
- B Grade - 1983, 2009
- B Grade Reserves - 2011
The club fields eleven teams – Senior, Reserve, U/18 & eight juniors teams!
AFL Recruits from Oak Park
- Tim Harrington – North Melbourne
- Peter German – North Melbourne
- Wayne Harmes – Carlton Premiership Player
- David Rodan – Richmond & Port Adelaide
- Peter Faulks – Sydney & Fremantle
- Jake Melksham – Essendon Football Club
- Alan Mangels - Carlton Football Club & Geelong Football Club