Oak Park Mall
|Address||11149 West 95th Street
Overland Park, Kansas 66214
|Management||CBL & Associates, Inc.|
|Owner||CBL & Associates, Inc. (50%)
|No. of stores and services||180+|
|No. of anchor tenants||5|
|Total retail floor area||1,607,803 sq ft (149,369.8 m2)|
|No. of floors||2|
Oak Park Mall is a super-regional shopping mall located in Overland Park, Kansas, containing over 180 stores in a covered area of 1,607,803 sq ft (149,369.8 m2). It is the largest mall in the Kansas City Metro Area as well as the entire state of Kansas, and is split into two levels and contains five department stores. It was developed by Copaken, White & Blitt in conjunction with Frank Morgan and Sherman Dreiseszun.
The mall received an extensive renovation in 2011, including altering the food court dining area and new entrance vestibules. In June 2012, the area's first Microsoft Store opened at the mall in the former Talbots space.
In the center of the mall, near Dillard's North, is a double-decker carousel. The carousel was originally located in the atrium nearest Dillard's South. In the early 2000s, the carousel was removed and the area was remodeled to a woodland theme with a regular carousel appearing alongside a miniature ride-on train. In 2009, the double-decker carousel returned, relocated to the other main atrium. The mall used to be home to the Kansas City Metro's only Rainforest Cafe, which opened in 1999. The addition of the Rainforest Cafe necessitated a small expansion to the north of the existing mall to house most of the restaurant. Rainforest Cafe remained at the mall for a decade and decided not to renew their lease. The former space was then divided into three spaces with the American Girl store taking up much of the former restaurant's area.
- Dillard's North (224,405 sq ft.)
- Dillard's South (200,523 sq ft.) (Does not include shuttered 3rd or 4th floor which is weird because the third floor has never been closed)<
- JCPenney (217,850 sq ft.)
- Macy's (181,371 sq ft.)
- Nordstrom (207,000 sq ft.)
- Barnes & Noble Booksellers (junior anchor)
- XXI Forever (junior anchor)
- H&M (junior anchor)
Oak Park Mall is home to many retailers that do not have retail locations elsewhere in the Kansas City metropolitan area. These retailers include:
- Abercrombie & Fitch
- American Girl
- The Disney Store
- The LEGO Store
- Lush (company)
- Microsoft Store
- "Oak Park Mall". CBL & Associates, Inc. Retrieved 2011-01-19.
- Oak Park Mall, Kansas - KS, (Malls and Stores). Retrieved 07 January 2015
- Bryant, Tim (May 11, 2011). "West County Center is part of big mall deal". St. Louis Post-Dispatch. STLtoday.com. Retrieved May 14, 2011.
- Smith, Joyce. "Oak Park Mall to get multi-million dollar renovation this year". Kansas City Star.
- OPM Directory