Oak View Mall
|Location||Omaha, Nebraska, United States|
|Management||General Growth Properties|
|Owner||General Growth Properties|
|No. of stores and services||104|
|No. of anchor tenants||4|
|Total retail floor area||870,000|
|No. of floors||2 of retail|
|Website||Oak View Mall|
Oak View Mall is an enclosed shopping mall located at 3001 South 144th Street in West Omaha, Nebraska. There are 104 tenant spots on two floors of this regional mall, which was built in 1991. The mall receives more than 12,000,000 visitors annually, and features a "Kids Coliseum" play area. Oak View is attributed with sparking a development "boom" in its approximate neighborhood, which now includes several major retailers, restaurants, and three national hotel chains.
In 2006, the mall was the location of an attempted mall shooting similar to Omaha's Westroads Mall shooting in December 2007. A security guard supervisor was allegedly fired for disarming and apprehending a suspected mall shooter before Omaha police were called to the scene. In August 2007, the Firefighter's Combat Challenge was held at the mall and broadcast on ESPN.
- Mall Directory: Oak View Mall, General Growth Properties, Ltd. Retrieved 5/10/08.
- Center information: Oak View Mall, General Growth Properties, Ltd. Retrieved 5/10/08.
- Mall fact sheet: Oak View Mall, General Growth Properties, Ltd. Retrieved 5/10/08.
- "Mall Sparked Growth that Continues in Omaha, Neb., Neighborhood"], Omaha World-Herald. November 4, 2003.
- "Guard Questions Dismissal: Says he doesn't regret actions", WOWT.com. Retrieved 5/10/08.
- "Worldwide firefighter event hosted in Omaha", KM3NEWS.com. Retrieved 5/10/08.