Oak View Mall
|Address||3001 South 144th Street|
|Management||Brookfield Properties Retail Group|
|Owner||Brookfield Properties Retail Group|
|No. of stores and services||85|
|No. of anchor tenants||2|
|Total retail floor area||859,439 square feet (79,844.5 m2)|
|No. of floors||2|
Oak View Mall is an enclosed shopping mall located at 3001 South 144th Street in West Omaha, Nebraska. There are 104 tenant spots on two floors of this regional mall, which was built in 1991. The mall receives more than 12,000,000 visitors annually, and features a "Kids Coliseum" play area. Oak View is attributed with sparking a development "boom" in its approximate neighborhood, which now includes several major retailers, restaurants, a three national hotel chains. Dillard's and J. C. Penney are the anchor stores.
In 2006 the mall was the location of an attempted mall shooting similar to what happened at Westroads Mall in Omaha in December 2007. A security guard supervisor was allegedly fired for disarming and apprehending a suspected mall shooter before Omaha police were called to the scene. In August 2007 the Firefighter's Combat Challenge was held at the mall and broadcast on ESPN.
The mall opened in 1991.
- "Oak View Mall". Brookfield Properties Retail Group.
- Center information: Oak View Mall, General Growth Properties, Ltd. Retrieved 5/10/08.
- Mall fact sheet: Oak View Mall, General Growth Properties, Ltd. Retrieved 5/10/08.
- "Mall Sparked Growth that Continues in Omaha, Neb., Neighborhood"], Omaha World-Herald. November 4, 2003.
- "Guard Questions Dismissal: Says he doesn't regret actions", WOWT.com. Retrieved 5/10/08.
- "Worldwide firefighter event hosted in Omaha", KM3NEWS.com. Retrieved 5/10/08.
- Soderlin, Barbara (June 2, 2015). "Malls' fortunes flipped: How Westroads shot past Oak View, and what's next for each". Omaha World-Herald.
- "Oak View Mall Adds Family Shoe Store". WOWT. September 25, 2013.
- Yowell, Paige (June 7, 2016). "Is Oak View Mall in trouble as national retailers' struggles force shopping centers to adjust?". Omaha World-Herald.
- Yowell, Paige (Apr 5, 2017). "Payless will close 2 Omaha-area stores". Omaha World-Herald.
- Yowell, Paige (June 12, 2018). "What will happen to Oak View Mall now that it's losing Younkers and Sears?". Omaha World-Herald.