Oakland – Jack London Square station
|Location||245 Second Street
Oakland, CA 94607
|Owned by||Port of Oakland|
|Platforms||1 side platform, 1 island platform|
|Parking||Paid, Private lot|
|Opened||May 22, 1995|
|Passengers (2015)||319,336 4.9% (Amtrak)|
Oakland – Jack London Square is a train station in Jack London Square in downtown Oakland, California. The station is served by the Capitol Corridor, Coast Starlight, and San Joaquins trains. Through Thruway buses, this station serves San Francisco.
Of the 74 California stations served by Amtrak, Oakland was the tenth-busiest in FY2012, boarding or de-training an average of about 1,142 passengers daily.
The station opened on May 22, 1995 as a replacement for 16th Street Station, which had been severely damaged in the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake. A building next to the old station was used as the rail station until August 5, 1994. Southern Pacific's downtown station on the north side of 1st Street between Franklin Street and Broadway was a passenger stop until 1960.
Platforms and tracks
|1-2||■ Capitol Corridor||toward Auburn (Emeryville)|
|■ Capitol Corridor||toward San Jose (Oakland Coliseum)|
|■ Coast Starlight||toward Seattle (Emeryville)|
|■ Coast Starlight||toward Los Angeles (San Jose)|
|■ San Joaquin||toward Bakersfield (Emeryville)|
|3||■ Freight line||No passenger service|
- Route 58L - weekday-only limited stop service between Downtown Oakland and Eastmont Transit Center
- Route 72 - daily service between Downtown Oakland and Hilltop Mall
- Route 72M - daily service between Downtown Oakland and the intersection of Castro Street and Tewksbury Avenue in Richmond, California.
- Route 72R a bus rapid transit line stops within a few blocks as do San Francisco Bay Ferries at the Oakland Ferry Terminal.
- The Free Broadway Shuttle.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2015, State of California" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2015. Retrieved 23 January 2016.
- "OAKLAND - JACK LONDON SQUARE, CA (OKJ)". Great American Stations (Amtrak). Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "OAKLAND CALIFORNIA (OKJ)". TrainWeb. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2012, State of California" (PDF). Amtrak. November 2012. Retrieved 2013-05-11. External link in
- National Association of Railroad Passengers (May 19, 1995). "Hotline #878". Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Line 58L". AC Transit. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "Line 72". AC Transit. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "Meet Downtown Oakland! Your guide to downtown hotspots".
- Media related to Oakland – Jack London Square station at Wikimedia Commons
- Capitol Corridor - Oakland Station Page
|This Alameda County, California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|