Oakland – Jack London Square station
|Location||245 Second Street
Oakland, CA 94607
|Owned by||Port of Oakland|
|Platforms||1 side platform, 1 island platform|
|Connections|| AC Transit: 12, Broadway Shuttle
Amtrak Thruway: 17, 34, 99
|Parking||Paid, Private lot|
|Opened||May 22, 1995|
|Passengers (2017)||371,257 7.89% (Amtrak)|
Oakland – Jack London Square is a train station in Jack London Square in downtown Oakland, California. The station is served by the Capitol Corridor, Coast Starlight, and San Joaquins trains. Through Thruway buses, this station serves San Francisco.
Of the 74 California stations served by Amtrak, Oakland was the tenth-busiest in FY2012, boarding or de-training an average of about 1,142 passengers daily.
The station opened on May 22, 1995 as a replacement for 16th Street Station, which had been severely damaged in the 1989 Loma Prieta earthquake. A building next to the old station was used as the rail station until August 5, 1994. Southern Pacific's downtown station on the north side of 1st Street between Franklin Street and Broadway was a passenger stop until 1960.
Platforms and tracks
|1-2||■ Capitol Corridor||toward Auburn (Emeryville)|
|■ Capitol Corridor||toward San Jose (Oakland Coliseum)|
|■ Coast Starlight||toward Seattle (Emeryville)|
|■ Coast Starlight||toward Los Angeles (San Jose)|
|■ San Joaquin||toward Bakersfield (Emeryville)|
|3||■ Freight line||No passenger service|
- Route 12 - daily service between Downtown Oakland and West Berkeley
- The Free Broadway Shuttle.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2017, State of California" (PDF). November 2017. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- "OAKLAND - JACK LONDON SQUARE, CA (OKJ)". Great American Stations (Amtrak). Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "OAKLAND CALIFORNIA (OKJ)". TrainWeb. Retrieved 15 August 2010.
- "Amtrak Fact Sheet, FY2012, State of California" (PDF). Amtrak Government Affairs. November 2012. Retrieved 2013-05-11.
- National Association of Railroad Passengers (May 19, 1995). "Hotline #878". Retrieved 2012-07-31.
- "Line 12" (PDF). AC Transit. Retrieved 11 December 2017.
- "Meet Downtown Oakland! Your guide to downtown hotspots".
- Media related to Oakland – Jack London Square station at Wikimedia Commons
- Capitol Corridor - Oakland Station Page
|This Alameda County, California train station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|