Oakland Catholic High School
|Oakland Catholic High School|
|144 North Craig Street
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, (Allegheny County) 15213
|Type||Private, all female|
|Religious affiliation(s)||Roman Catholic|
|Patron saint(s)||St. Joan of Arc|
|President||Mary Claire Kasunic|
|Chaplain||Fr. Robert George|
|Color(s)||Maroon and silver|
|Accreditation||Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools|
|Publication||Forte (literary/art magazine)|
|Newspaper||The Eagle Eye
|Tuition||(2015-16) $13,200 Roman Catholic Student, $14,200 non-Catholic Student, + $400 fees|
|Admissions Director||Theresa Hill|
|Athletic Director||Mary Pat Bielich|
|Vice President of Advancement||Karen Marner|
|Alumni Director||Erin Cannon|
|Director of Information Technology||Vernon Young|
|Public Relations Director||Amanda McVay|
Oakland Catholic High School is a private, Roman Catholic college preparatory school for girls, located in the Oakland neighborhood of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA within the Diocese of Pittsburgh. It was established by Bishop Donald Wuerl in 1989 as the merger of former all-girl parish high schools of Sacred Heart and St. Paul Cathedral to serve as a sister school for Central Catholic. Approximately 600 students matriculate at Oakland Catholic and the school draws female students from all over the City of Pittsburgh and the suburbs. Nearly 98% of its students attend four-year universities.
Oakland Catholic High School finished its construction for the 2008-2009 school year.
Oakland Catholic is known for its Quad A girls basketball team. From 1998–2008 they were involved in every District Championship (W.P.I.A.L.) game. They also won several Pennsylvania State Championship titles.
- Foreign Languages
- Health/Physical Education
- Social Studies
Notes and references
- MSA-CSS. "MSA-Commission on Secondary Schools". Archived from the original on February 12, 2011. Retrieved 2009-05-26.
- Keith Barnes, TRIBUNE-REVIEW. "Oakland Catholic wins PIAA Class AA team swimming title". Retrieved 2010-12-06.
- Todd Hummel. "High School Swimming: Oakland Catholic girls win state title". Retrieved 2010-12-06.
- About the school
- School history
- Articles about Oakland Catholic from the Pittsburgh Tribune Review
- "High School Playbook" hosted by WTAE
- "Faith in small school results in big honor" from the Pittsburgh Tribune Review
- Article about the remodeling and expansion of the school from the Pittsburgh Tribune Review