Oakland High School (Tennessee)
|Oakland High School|
|2225 Patriot Drive
Murfreesboro, Tennessee 37130
|School type||Public, International Baccalaureate|
|School district||Rutherford County Schools|
|Staff||John Marshall, Tim Roediger, Sherry Mulllen, Samuel Guydon|
|Teaching staff||103.0 (FTE) (as of 2007-08)|
|Enrollment||1,500 (as of 2007-08)|
|Student to teacher ratio||14.6 (as of 2007-08)|
|Color(s)||Red, navy, and white|
|Athletics conference||TSSAA District 7AAA, Region 4AAA, Football 6A|
Oakland High School (OHS) is located in Murfreesboro, Tennessee, United States. It enrolls approximately 1900 students. OHS is part of the fifth largest school system in the state. OHS serves eastern Murfreesboro and the rural areas of northeastern and eastern Rutherford County, including Lascassas, Milton and Kittrell.
OHS opened in 1972 along with its sister school Riverdale High School in order to relieve the six over-populated county high schools in Murfreesboro. These schools have one of the oldest rivalries in the country, as it has spanned over 40 years in multiple sports and academics. Oakland's current biggest rival is Siegel High School.
- OHS Football has had three state championship teams, 1984, 1998, and 2008
- OHS Baseball won seven state championships in 1990, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1998, 1999, and 2000
- Ben Leming, candidate for the United States House of Representatives in Tennessee's 6th congressional district
- Bayer Mack, writer, record executive, and film producer
- Chris Young, country music singer
- "School Detail for Oakland High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Retrieved 2010-05-06.
- OHS Profile
- IB School Link
- Schelzig, Erik (2010-03-30). "'Boro Marine captain files as Democrat for Gordon seat". The Tennessean.
Clark said Leming enlisted in the Marines after graduating from Oakland High School in Murfreesboro in 1994.