Oakland Southwest Airport
|Oakland Southwest Airport|
|Serves||New Hudson, Michigan|
|Elevation AMSL||926 ft / 282 m|
Oakland Southwest Airport (FAA LID: Y47) is a county owned public use airport in Oakland County, Michigan, United States. It is located one nautical mile (1.85 km) southwest of the central business district of New Hudson. The airport is uncontrolled, and is used for general aviation purposes.
The airport opened in 1946 and was formerly known as New Hudson Airport. It was acquired by Oakland County in August 2003.
Facilities and aircraft
Oakland Southwest Airport covers an area of 67 acres (27 ha) at an elevation of 926 feet (282 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 08-26 with an asphalt surface measuring 3,128 by 40 feet (953 x 12 m).
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2008, the airport had 9,780 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 26 per day. At that time there were 60 aircraft based at this airport: 93% single-engine, 5% multi-engine and 2% glider.
- FAA Airport Master Record for Y47 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 29 July 2010.
- "List of NPIAS Airports" (PDF). FAA.gov. Federal Aviation Administration. 21 October 2016. Retrieved 25 November 2016.
- "Oakland/Southwest Airport". Oakland County, Michigan. Retrieved 13 October 2010.
- Aerial photo as of 10 April 2002 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for Y47, effective March 2, 2017
- Resources for this airport: