|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Jeromy Farkas|
|• Total||2.4 km2 (0.9 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,110 m (3,640 ft)|
|• Average Income||$72,674|
|Website||Oakridge Community Association|
Oakridge is a residential neighbourhood in the southwest quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded to the north by 90 Avenue S, to the east by 24 Street W and the Tsuu T'ina first nation reserve to the west. To the north it borders the Glenmore Reservoir and the Weaselhead Natural Area.
Oakridge was under the jurisdiction of the Municipal District of Rocky View until being annexed to the City of Calgary in 1956. It was subsequently established as a neighbourhood in 1968. It is represented in the Calgary City Council by the Ward 11 councillor.
In the City of Calgary's 2012 municipal census, Oakridge had a population of 5,651 living in 2,291 dwellings, a -1.2% increase from its 2011 population of 5,719. With a land area of 2.4 km2 (0.93 sq mi), it had a population density of 2,350/km2 (6,100/sq mi) in 2012.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $72,674 in 2000, and there were 6.9% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 21.3% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 1.8% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 8.4% of the housing was used for renting.
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. 2017. Retrieved November 12, 2017.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Oakridge Community Statistics" (PDF). Retrieved 2007-05-12.
- "2012 Civic Census Results" (PDF). City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 11 Profile" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-07-22. Retrieved 2007-05-12.