|Elevation||1,010 ft (310 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||440483|
Oakville is located just inside the southern border of Delaware County at.
On April 1, 1884, a (possibly F5/EF5 strength) tornado destroyed much of Oakville.
Weather Radio transmitter
NOAA Weather Radio station KJY93's transmitter is located a mile or two to the north of Oakville, Indiana...KJY93 operates on a Frequency of 162.425
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 248. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
This village was laid out on December 30, 1873, and called Pleasant Hill.
- "Delaware County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 3 September 2014.
- Kemper, General William Harrison (1908). A Twentieth Century History of Delaware County, Indiana. Lewis Publishing Company. p. 168.
|This Delaware County, Indiana location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|