Bus 5103 at Oakville GO Station
|Headquarters||480 Wyecroft Road|
|Service area||Oakville, Ontario|
|Service type||Bus service, Paratransit|
|Annual ridership||3 million (2014)|
|Operator||Town of Oakville|
Oakville Transit is the public transportation provider in Oakville, Ontario, Canada since 1972. It is a department of the town and a member of the Canadian Urban Transit Association. It offers the typical conventional bus service, and a para-transit service, called care-A-van, for those unable to use the conventional service. The care-A-van takes riders directly to the address they desire.
Routes and connections
The Oakville GO rail and bus station, located at 214 Cross Avenue, is the main bus terminus.
|No.||Name||Inner Terminal||Outer Terminal||Notes|
|1||Trafalgar||Oakville GO Station||Uptown Core Terminal||Via Sheridan College.|
|2||Lakeshore||Bronte GO Station||Dundas & Hampshire||Via Downtown Oakville. Eastbound terminus is nearby MiWay bus stops.|
|3||Third Line||South Oakville Centre||Third Line & Dundas||Via Bronte GO Station.|
|4||Speers-Cornwall||Bronte GO Station||Clarkson GO Station||Via Oaktown Plaza, Oakville GO Station, and Maple Grove Village. Travels to Mississauga.|
|5||Dundas||Uptown Core Terminal||Dundas & Bronte|
|6||Upper Middle||Bronte GO Station||Dundas & Hampshire||Via Upper Oakville Shopping Centre. Eastbound terminus is nearby MiWay bus stops.|
|10||West Industrial||Bronte GO Station||Oakville GO Station.||Clockwise loop west of Fourth Line during morning rush; counterclockwise loop during afternoon rush. Weekday peak service only.|
|11||Linbrook||Oakville GO Station||Maple Grove Village||Weekday peak service only|
|13||Westoak Trails||Bronte GO Station||Oakville GO Station||Via Halton Government Centre and Oakville Place Mall|
|14||Lakeshore West||Oakville GO Station||Burloak & Rebecca||Via Downtown Oakville and South Oakville Centre|
|15||Bridge||Oakville GO Station||South Oakville Centre|
|17||Kerr||Oakville GO Station||Church & Dunn||Via Downtown Oakville.|
|18||Glen Abbey South||Oakville GO Station||Glen Abbey & Third Line||Via Dorval Crossing. Weekday peak service only.|
|19||River Oaks||Oakville GO Station||Uptown Core Terminal|
|20||Northridge||Oakville GO Station||Uptown Core Terminal||Via Upper Oakville Shopping Centre.|
|21||Clearview||Clarkson GO Station||Maple Grove Village||Travels to Mississauga. Weekday peak service only.|
|22||Upper Glen Abbey||Bronte GO Station||Pine Glen & Proudfoot||Weekday peak service only.|
|24||South Common||Oakville GO Station||South Common Centre||Via Sheridan College and Upper Oakville Shopping Centre. Travels to Mississauga.|
|25||Aspen Forest||Clarkson GO Station||Maple Grove Village||Travels to Mississauga. Weekday peak service only.|
|26||Falgarwood||Oakville GO Station||Lancaster & Grosvenor||No Sunday service.|
|28||Glen Abbey North||Oakville GO Station||Glen Abbey & Third Line||Via Oaktown Plaza and Dorval Crossing.|
|32||Burloak-Great Lakes||Bronte GO Station||RioCan Centre||Via South Oakville Centre. Connects to Burlington Transit|
|33||Palermo||Bronte GO Station||Bronte & Pine Glen||Weekday peak service only.|
|102||Winston Park||Clarkson GO Station||Bristol & Dover Gate||Travels to Mississauga. Weekday peak service only.|
|120||East Industrial||Oakville GO Station||Winston Park & Bristol Circle||Weekday peak service only.|
|190||River Oaks Express||Oakville GO Station||Glenaston & Trafalgar||Weekday peak service only.|
- Route 71 White Oaks S.S. (afternoon special to River Oaks)
- Route 80N Holy Trinity North special (to and from Iroquois Ridge)
- Route 80S Holy Trinity South special (to and from Falgarwood)
- Route 81A/B Abbey Park/Loyola (morning special from Palermo and Westoak Trails)
- Route 81N Abbey Park/Loyola North (afternoon special to Westoak Trails and Palermo)
- Route 81S Abbey Park/Loyola South (afternoon special to Glen Abbey)
- Route 82 Loyola North (afternoon special to Westoak Trails and Palermo)
- Route 83 Blakelock (afternoon specials to Oakville GO station and Bridge/Third Line)
- Route 86 Garth Webb S.S. (to and from Westoak Trails and Palermo)
All Oakville Transit buses are Easier Access
- Oakville GO Station
- Bronte GO Station
- Oakville Bus Terminal, located at Dunn and Church Streets.
- South Oakville Centre (formerly known as Hopedale Mall).
- Uptown Core, where the Crosstown route meets the Uptown Core route. (New terminal building under construction at Trafalgar Rd. & Dundas St.)
- Maplegrove Village, at Maplegrove Dr. and Cornwall Rd.
- Sheridan College, Trafalgar Campus.
- Clarkson GO Station
- South Common Centre Bus Terminal (with connections to Mississauga's MiWay service).
Oakville Transit has a fleet of 89 low-floor, fully accessible conventional buses and ten care-A-van (para transit) buses.
As of January 1, 2014, cash fare is $3.50. Passengers using GO Transit can show the driver their single or multi-ride ticket and pay a reduced fare of 75 cents. Tickets, monthly passes, and day passes are also available. Different discounts are available for the following: children (0 to 5 years), students (6–19 years of age) attending elementary/secondary school, and seniors (65 years of age and older). Oakville Transit also issues time-expired transfers, valid for any direction of use for 2 hours after the time of issue
The Presto card was added in late 2008.
- Oakville Transit: About Us
- "Oakville Transit celebrates more than three million rides in 2014".
- "Schedules & Maps]". Oakville Transit. Retrieved October 2015. Check date values in:
- "Did you know?". Oakville Transit. Retrieved October 2015. Check date values in:
- Oakville Transit: Fares
Media related to Oakville Transit at Wikimedia Commons