Bus 5103 at Oakville GO Station
|Headquarters||430 Wyecroft Road|
|Service area||Oakville, Ontario|
|Service type||Bus service, Paratransit|
|Annual ridership||3 million (2014)|
|Operator||Town of Oakville|
Oakville Transit is the public transportation provider in Oakville, Ontario, Canada since 1972. It is a department of the town and a member of the Canadian Urban Transit Association. It offers the typical conventional bus service, and a para-transit service, called care-A-van, for those unable to use the conventional service. The care-A-van takes riders directly to the address they desire.
The original logo for Oakville Transit, no longer in use, was by renowned designer Stuart Ash.
Routes and connections
The Oakville GO rail and bus station, located at 214 Cross Avenue, is the main bus terminus. Oakville Transit connects with Burlington Transit to the west, and MiWay to the east. In addition, Oakville, Bronte, and Clarkson GO stations are also connected. Regular routes:
|No.||Name||Inner Terminal||Outer Terminal||Notes|
|1||Trafalgar||Oakville GO Station||Trafalgar & 407 GO Carpool Lot||Via Sheridan College and Uptown Core Terminal. Weekdays only.|
|3||Third Line||South Oakville Centre||Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital||Via Bronte GO Station, Queenline Centre, The Abbey Plaza, Fox Creek Plaza and Sunvalley Square.|
|4||Speers-Cornwall||Bronte GO Station||Clarkson GO Station||Via Bronte Plaza, Oakville Commons, Trafalgar Village, Oakville GO Station, Shops of Oakville South and Maple Grove Village. Travels to Mississauga.|
|5||Dundas||Oakville GO Station||Dundas & 407 GO Carpool Lot||Via Oakville Trafalgar Memorial Hospital, Sunvalley Square, Fox Creek Plaza, Rio Centre, Uptown Core Terminal and Sheridan College. Travels to Burlington.|
|6||Upper Middle||Bronte GO Station||Laird & Ridgeway||Via The Abbey Plaza, Sheridan College, Upper Oakville Shopping Centre and Oakville Entertainment Centrum. Eastbound terminus is nearby MiWay bus stops. Travels to Mississauga.|
|10||West Industrial||Bronte GO Station||Oakville GO Station.||Clockwise loop west of Fourth Line during morning rush; counterclockwise loop during afternoon rush. Weekday peak service only. Via Bronte Plaza, Oakville Commons and Trafalgar Village|
|11||Linbrook||Oakville GO Station||Clarkson GO Station||Weekdays only. Travels to Mississauga.|
|12||Winston Park||Clarkson GO Station||Laird & Ridgeway||Weekdays only. Travels to Mississauga. Via Oakville Entertainment Centrum|
|13||Westoak Trails||Bronte GO Station||Oakville GO Station||Via Halton Government Centre and Oakville Place Mall|
|14||Lakeshore West||Oakville GO Station||Appleby GO Station||Via Downtown Oakville and South Oakville Centre. Travels to Burlington.|
|15||Bridge||Oakville GO Station||RioCan Centre Burloak||Via Trafalgar Village and South Oakville Centre|
|17||Kerr||Oakville GO Station||Church & Dunn||Via Downtown Oakville and Trafalgar Village.|
|18||Glen Abbey South||Oakville GO Station||Bronte GO Station||Via Dorval Crossing, Oakville Commons and Trafalgar Village.|
|19||River Oaks||Oakville GO Station||Uptown Core Terminal|
|20||Northridge||Oakville GO Station||Uptown Core Terminal||Via Upper Oakville Shopping Centre.|
|24||South Common||Oakville GO Station||South Common Centre||Via Sheridan College, Uptown Core Terminal and Shopps on Dundas. Travels to Mississauga.|
|26||Falgarwood||Oakville GO Station||Lancaster & Grosvenor||No Sunday service.|
|28||Glen Abbey North||Oakville GO Station||Bronte GO Station||Via Dorval Crossing, Oakville Commons and Trafalgar Village.|
|33||Palermo||Bronte GO Station||Colonel & Dundas|
|34||Pine Glen||Bronte GO Station||Pine Glen & Proudfoot||Weekday peak service only.|
|120||East Industrial||Oakville GO Station||Laird & Ridgeway||Weekday peak service only. Travels to Mississauga. Via Oakville Entertainment Centrum|
|121||Southeast Industrial||Oakville GO Station||Industry & South Service||Weekday peak service only.|
|190||River Oaks Express||Oakville GO Station||Glenaston & Trafalgar||Weekday peak service only.|
- Route 71 White Oaks S.S. (afternoon special to River Oaks)
- Route 80W Holy Trinity West special (to and from McCraney)
- Route 80E Holy Trinity East special (to and from Falgarwood)
- Route 81A/B Abbey Park/Loyola (morning special from Palermo and Westoak Trails)
- Route 81N Abbey Park/Loyola North (afternoon special to Westoak Trails and Palermo)
- Route 81S Abbey Park/Loyola South (afternoon special to Glen Abbey)
- Route 82 Loyola North (afternoon special to Westoak Trails and Palermo)
- Route 83 Blakelock (afternoon specials to Oakville GO station and Bridge/Third Line)
- Route 86 Garth Webb S.S. (to and from Westoak Trails and Palermo)
All Oakville Transit buses are Easier Access
- Oakville GO Station
- Bronte GO Station
- Oakville Bus Terminal, located at Dunn and Church Streets.
- South Oakville Centre (formerly known as Hopedale Mall).
- Uptown Core, where the Crosstown route meets the Uptown Core route. (New terminal building under construction at Trafalgar Rd. & Dundas St.)
- Maplegrove Village, at Maplegrove Dr. and Cornwall Rd.
- Sheridan College, Trafalgar Campus.
- Clarkson GO Station
- South Common Centre Bus Terminal (with connections to Mississauga's MiWay service).
Oakville Transit has a fleet of 89 low-floor, fully accessible conventional buses and ten care-A-van (para transit) buses.
As of January 1, 2017, cash fare is $3.75. Passengers using GO Transit can show the driver their single or multi-ride ticket and pay a reduced fare of 75 cents. Tickets and day passes are also available. Different discounts are available for the following: children (0 to 5 years), students (6–19 years of age) attending elementary/secondary school, and seniors (65 years of age and older). Oakville Transit also issues time-expired transfers, valid for any direction of use for 2 hours after the time of issue
The Presto card was added in late 2008.
- Oakville Transit: About Us
- "Oakville Transit celebrates more than three million rides in 2014".
- "Schedules & Maps]". Oakville Transit. Retrieved March 2018. Check date values in:
- "Did you know?". Oakville Transit. Retrieved October 2015. Check date values in:
- Oakville Transit: Fares
Media related to Oakville Transit at Wikimedia Commons