Oana Andreea Grigoruț
January 9, 1996
|Known for||Crash and Bernstein|
|Home town||Los Angeles|
|Height||163 cm (5 ft 4 in)|
Oana Gregory (born Oana Andreea Grigoruț Romanian pronunciation: [ˈo̯ana anˈdreja ɡriɡoˈrut͡s]) is a Romanian-American actress. Established in the United States since October 2002, Gregory became internationally known for roles in Disney productions such as Kickin' It, Lab Rats and Crash & Bernstein. She is the first Romanian to work for The Walt Disney Company.
Oana Gregory was born to Dumitru and Mariana Grigoruț in Negrești-Oaș, a small town in northwestern Romania. When she was six, her family moved to the United States with the thought of building a better life, especially for Oana and her older brother, Dorel. Oana attended primary school in Chicago.
In 2006, Gregory participated in a contest organized by International Models & Talent Association, a prestigious professional organization that, annually, in New York City and Los Angeles, organizes competitions with international participation, to discover new talents in acting, music or fashion. Of the 1,000 contestants from English-speaking countries, Gregory won the title of "actress of the year" at preteens and was declared the first runner-up – "model of the year", also at preteens. After this contest, Gregory received 54 bids from different agencies and managers in Hollywood who wanted to represent her.
She landed her first feature film role as the leading "Loosie Goosie" in the 2010 indie Spork, a musical comedy that received three film festival awards, a CineKid Award and a British Film Institute nomination. On the small screen Gregory has recurred on Disney XD's Lab Rats (2012) and Kickin' It (2011) and has lent her voice to the animated television show Olivia (2009), based on a popular children's book series. Oana Gregory stars as Wyatt's popular 16-year-old sister, Amanda Bernstein, in Disney XD's live-action "bro-comedy" Crash & Bernstein (2012), broadcast in 21 countries. For Amanda's role, Gregory was chosen from more than 2,600 contestants participating in the casting.
- Mureșan, Florin Teodor (25 March 2013). "Oana Gregory. Drumul către Hollywood". Gazeta de Maramureș (in Romanian).
- "Oana Gregory". CineMagia (in Romanian).
- "Oana Gregory". IMDb.
- "Povestea fabuloasă a fetei din Negrești-Oaș care a ajuns vedetă Disney, după Hannah Montana!". Cancan (in Romanian). 6 December 2013.
- "Interviu cu Oana Gregory, singura vedetă Disney din România!". Apropo TV (in Romanian). 5 September 2014.
- Cîcău, Cristina (15 November 2013). "Povestea Oanei Gregory, noua Hannah Montana. Cum a ajuns românca să fie cea mai râvnită actriță din Imperiul Disney". Adevărul (in Romanian).
- Ciocănel, Andreea (20 October 2014). "Românca Oana Gregory a câștigat primii bani la vârsta de 10 ani". Libertatea (in Romanian).